This set of Physics Assessment Questions for Class 11 focuses on “Thermodynamic State Variables and Equation of State”.
1. Equilibrium state of a thermodynamic system is described by path variables. True or False?
Explanation: Path variables like work and heat can only tell us the difference between state variables of two states. For describing a particular state of a thermodynamic system we need state variables like pressure, temperature and volume.
2. For any gas the equation is state is PV=nRT. True or False?
Explanation: Equation of state is a relation between state variables.
Only in the case of ideal gases it is PV=nRT.
So, there is a difference between the ideal gas equation and the equation of state in general.
3. Which of the following variables is intensive?
a) Internal energy
d) Total mass
Explanation: Intensive properties are those which don’t depend on the amount of matter in the sample. For eg: temperature, pressure, density.
4. Which of the following is an extensive variable?
c) Boiling point
Explanation: Extensive properties are those which depend on the amount of matter in the sample. For eg: Volume, Internal energy, mass.
5. The product of an extensive and intensive variable is?
c) Depends on temperature conditions
d) Depends on pressure conditions
Explanation: The product contains one term which is extensive, or which depends on mass, so we can say that their product also depends on mass and is therefore extensive.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Physics – Class 11.
To practice Physics Assessment Questions for Class 11, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Physics - Class 11
- Participate in Physics - Class 11 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Physics - Class 11
- Take Physics - Class 11 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10