Pre-requisite / Skillset for Phase Transformation Internship
1. Intern should be able to distinguish between first order and second order transformations.
2. Ability to apply laws of diffusion to modify the surface properties.
3. Must be familiar with nucleation kinetics.
4. Require knowledge on concepts like interface – controlled and diffusion – controlled growth kinetics.
5. Should be familiar with the microstructure development in materials during pearlitic and martensitic transformation.
6. Should be aware of fundamental principles that govern kinetics and mechanisms of phase transformation.
7. Able to select an appropriate processing route to obtain materials of desired properties.
Phase Transformation Internship Test
Intern has to take Phase Transformation internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Phase Transformation topic.
1. Two crystal structures are in equilibrium and their Gibbs energies are the same. Thus, the driving force for the transformation is_________
(A) Less than zero
(C) Greater than Zero
Explanation: Since the Gibbs energies are the same that means, ΔG is 0, hence the driving force will be zero, if the driving force is not zero then it violates the basic rule of phase transformation.
2. What happens to the internal energy of a system with constant volume and constant entropy during a spontaneous process?
(A) Increases first then decreases
(C) Remains same
Explanation: Internal energy of the system decreases. This in fact a statement about entropy since it states that if the entropy of the system remains unchanged in the transformation, there must be an increase in the entropy of the environment caused by the outflow of heat from the system.
3. When does the strain energy change can make a difference in the enthalpy of mixing in real solutions?
(A) When the temperature is high
(B) When the size difference between atoms is very large
(C) When the temperature is low
(D) When the size difference between atoms is very small
Explanation: When the size difference between the atoms is very large then interstitial solid solutions are energetically most favourable and the temperature doesn’t play a big role in making a difference in the enthalpy of mixing in real solutions when the strain energy gets altered.
4. The condition for equilibrium in a heterogeneous system containing two phases can also be expressed using the_____________
(A) Lever’s concept
(B) Raoults rule
(C) Henrys rule
(D) Activity concept
Explanation: The same activity concept defined for homogeneous system can be used to state the above mentioned condition. From the definition of activity coefficient, for an ideal solution, its value is unity for all the species. For a non-ideal solution, however, it may be either greater or less than unity, the larger the departure from unity the greater the non-ideality of the solution.
5. In a cooling curve, the invariant reaction is represented by ______
(A) Thermal arrest
(B) Vertical arrest
(C) Horizontal arrest
Explanation: Cooling curve is a kind of line graph that depict the phase change in matter. When you fit the thermocouple in a work piece or test probe, finally you can end up obtaining a cooling curve. Horizontal arrest represents the invariant reaction in a cooling curve.
Practice the full set of Phase Transformation Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Phase Transformation Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Phase Transformation Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Phase Transformation Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Phase Transformation, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Phase Transformation subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Phase Transformation".
2. Phase Transformation articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Phase Transformation Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Phase Transformation Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Phase Transformation Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Phase Transformation" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Phase Transformation InternshipIf you are looking for "Phase Transformation" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Phase Transformation, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Phase Transformation InternshipWho can apply for Phase Transformation content writing internship?
Students who had studied Phase Transformation in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Phase Transformation.
What are the skill sets required for Phase Transformation internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Phase Transformation internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Phase Transformation Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Phase Transformation?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Phase Transformation?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Phase Transformation. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Phase Transformation internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Phase Transformation at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]