Pre-requisite / Skillset for Operating System Internship
1. Intern should have knowledge of basic concepts and functions of operating systems.
2. Intern should be able to analyze scheduling algorithms and various memory management schemes.
3. Require good knowledge on the topics like processes, threads, file systems, virtual memory, disk request scheduling, concurrent processes, deadlocks, security and integrity.
4. Able to understand what a process is and how processes are synchronized and scheduled.
5. Being familiar with the basics of Linux systems and Mobile OS like iOS and Android.
6. Realizing the different concepts of OS in the platform of usage through case studies.
7. Understanding the services provided and the design of an operating system.
8. Intern should understand the structure and organization of the file system.
9. Capable of implementing OS by using data structures and algorithms.
10. Intern should be able to use system calls for managing processes, memory and the file system.
11. Familiar with the usage of processor, memory, storage and file system commands.
Operating System Internship Test
Intern has to take Operating System internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Operating System topic.
1. The OS X has ____________
(A) monolithic kernel
(B) hybrid kernel
(D) monolithic kernel with modules
Explanation: OS X has a hybrid kernel. Hybrid kernel is a combination of two different kernels. OS X is developed by Apple and originally it is known as Mac OS X.
2. The address of the next instruction to be executed by the current process is provided by the __________
(A) CPU registers
(B) Program counter
(C) Process stack
Explanation: The address of the next instruction to be executed by the current process is provided by the Program Counter. After every instruction is executed, the Program Counter is incremented by 1 i.e. address of the next instruction to be executed. CPU fetches instruction from the address denoted by Program Counter and execute it.
3. A single thread of control allows the process to perform __________
(A) only one task at a time
(B) multiple tasks at a time
(C) only two tasks at a time
(D) all of the mentioned
Explanation: A single thread of control allows the process to perform only one task at a time. In the case of multi-core, multiple threads can be run simultaneously and can perform multiple tasks at a time.
4. Which of the following does not interrupt a running process?
(A) A device
(C) Scheduler process
(D) Power failure
Explanation: Scheduler process does not interrupt a running process. Scheduler process selects an available process from a pool of available processes and allocates CPU to it.
5. To enable a process to wait within the monitor __________
(A) a condition variable must be declared as condition
(B) condition variables must be used as boolean objects
(C) semaphore must be used
(D) all of the mentioned
Explanation: To enable a process to wait within the monitor a condition variable must be declared as condition.
Practice the full set of Operating System Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Operating System Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Operating System Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Operating System Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Operating System, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Operating System subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Operating System".
2. Operating System articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Operating System Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Operating System Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Operating System Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Operating System" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Operating System InternshipIf you are looking for "Operating System" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Operating System, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Operating System InternshipWho can apply for Operating System content writing internship?
Students who had studied Operating System in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Operating System.
What are the skill sets required for Operating System internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Operating System internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Operating System Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Operating System?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Operating System?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Operating System. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Operating System internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Operating System at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]