This set of Network Theory Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Terminated Two-Port Network”.
Explanation: The Z –parameter Z11 is V1/I1, port 2 is open circuited. V1 = (1+1.5)I1 => V1/I1 = 2.5 and on substituting, we get Z11 = 2.5Ω.
2. Determine the Z-parameter Z12 in the circuit shown in question 1.
Explanation: The Z-parameter Z12 is V2/I1 |I2=0. On open circuiting port 2 we obtain the equation, V1 = (1.5) I2 => V1/I1 = 1.5. On substituting we get Z12 = 1.5Ω.
3. Determine the Z-parameter Z21 in the circuit shown in question 1.
Explanation: The Z-parameter Z21 is V2/I1 |I2=0. On open circuiting port 2, we get V2 = (1.5)I1 => V2/I1 = 1.5. On substituting we get Z21 = 1.5Ω.
4. Determine the Z-parameter Z22 in the circuit shown in question 1.
Explanation: The Z-parameter Z21 is V2/I2 |I1=0. This parameter is obtained by open circuiting port 1. So we get V2 = ((2+2)||4)I2 => V2 = 2(I2) => V2/I2 = 2. On substituting Z21 = 2Ω.
5. Find the value of V1/I1 in the circuit shown in question 1.
Explanation: We have the relation V1/I1=Z11– Z12Z21/(ZL+Z21) and ZL is the load impedance and is equal to 2Ω. On solving V1/I1=2.5-1/(2+2)=2.25Ω.
6. Determine the input impedance of the network shown in question 1.
Explanation: From the figure by inspection we can say that the source resistance is 1Ω. So Zin = (V1/I1) + Source resistance. We had V1/I1 = 2.25. On substituting Zin=1+2.25=3.25Ω.
Explanation: From the figure the value of the admittance parallel to the current source is 1 mho and this is the value of source admittance. So Ys = 1 mho.
8. Find the value of I2/V2 in the circuit shown in question 7.
Explanation: The relation between I2/V2 and Y-parameters is
9. The value of the Y-parameter Y22 in the circuit shown in question 7.
Explanation: The relation between Y22 and I2/V2 is Y22= I2/V2. We have the relation I2/V2 = (Y22Ys+Y22Y11-Y21Y12)/(Ys+Y11). On substituting their values in the equation we get Y22 = 7/12 mho.
10. The value of the Z-parameter Z22 in the circuit shown in question 7.
Explanation: The Z-parameter Z22 is inverse of the Y-parameter Y22 i.e., Z22 = 1/Y22. We got Y22 = 7/12. So on substituting we get Z22 = 12/7 mho.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Network Theory.
To practice all areas of Network Theory, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.