This set of MSP430 Micro-controller Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Addressing Modes”.
1. There are _____ number of addressing modes found for the source and _____ number of modes for the destination part.
Explanation: In MSP430, there are basically four addressing modes, out of which four are there for the source part and only two are there for the destination.
2. MSP430 describes reti instruction as ___________
a) Format1 addressing
b) Format2 addressing
c) Jump addressing
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: MSP430 describes reti instruction as that type of addressing which consists of only single operand, so it comes under Format2 addressing.
3. mov.w R3, R4 takes _________
a) one cycle
b) two cycles
c) four cycles
d) eight cycles
Explanation: mov.w R3, R4 takes only one cycle to transfer the data from register R3 to R4. This type of mode of addressing is called the register mode of addressing.
4. Indexed addressing can be used for _________
c) source & destination
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: Indexed addressing is used for both the source and the destination addresses.
5. What do you understand form this instruction mov.w X(PC), R6
a) R6 = X+PC
b) R6 = PC-X
c) R6 = -X-PC
d) R6 = -X+PC
Explanation: This instruction mov.w X(PC), R6 means that the contents of X+PC address are copied to the R6 register.
6. Absolute mode uses which of the following operators?
Explanation: Absolute mode uses the & operator to transfer a constant to a register.
7. Indirect register mode is used by _________
a) source register
b) destination register
c) source & destination register
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: Indirect addressing mode is used only by the source register.
8. Indirect mode and the indirect auto increment mode have which common operator in them
Explanation: Both the indirect and the indirect auto increment mode use the @ operator for the source register to transfer the data from one memory location to a register.
9. Are the two instructions similar?
mov.w @R5+, R6 and mov.w R6,0( R5)
c) cant be said
d) depends on the conditions
Explanation: Yes, both the statements are similar to each other.
10. mov.w @PC+,R6 is a type of ________
a) direct addressing
b) indirect addressing
c) immediate addressing
d) indirect auto increment addressing
Explanation: This instruction is a type of immediate addressing as a constant being assigned directly to a register.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Microcontroller.
To practice all areas of Microcontroller, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.