Pre-requisite / Skillset for Microbiology Internship
1. Intern must have basic knowledge on biomolecules and biological membranes.
2. Should be aware of fundamental principles of bioenergetics and metabolism.
3. Must be familiar with basics of microbiology.
4. Understanding microbiological growth and control of microorganisms.
5. Must be able to apply the knowledge of microbial synthesis of nanomaterials.
6. Should be familiar with the basic concepts of biochemistry and pathways involved in metabolism.
7. Must be aware of characteristics of microbes and microbial synthesis of nanomaterials.
8. Should be able to carry out various microbiological techniques like staining and isolation very well.
9. Ability to identify microbes.
10. Require detailed knowledge on various sterilization techniques.
11. Must be aware of principles of microbiology to emphasize structure and biochemical aspects of various microbes.
12. Should be able to solve the problems in microbial infection and their control.
Microbiology Internship Test
Intern has to take Microbiology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Microbiology topic.
1. Bdellovibrios come under which group of microorganisms?
Explanation: Bdellovibrios are bacteria that are predatory on other bacteria. They have the ability to cause diseases or are pathogenic for other microorganisms.
2. According to Bergey’s Manual of Systematic Bacteriology, prokaryotes that lack a cell wall belong to the group?
Explanation: Tenericutes are prokaryotes that lack a cell wall. Gracilicutes are prokaryotes with a complex cell-wall structure characteristic of Gram-negative bacteria. Firmicutes are prokaryotes with a cell wall structure characteristic of Gram-positive bacteria and Mendosicutes are prokaryotes that show evidence of an earlier phylogenetic origin.
3. Which part of the light microscope controls the intensity of light entering the viewing area?
(A) Coarse adjustment screw
(B) Fine adjustment screw
(D) Condenser lens
Explanation: On the condenser is mounted a shutter like an apparatus called the diaphragm which opens and closes to permit more or less light into the viewing area. Condenser lens just helps in condensing the light rays. Coarse and fine adjustment screws are used for focusing under different power lens.
4. Which of the following techniques are used in Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) for examining cellular structure?
(B) Shadow Casting
(C) Ultrathin Sectioning
(D) Negative-Staining, Shadow Casting, Ultrathin Sectioning, Freeze-Etching
Explanation: Numerous techniques are available for use with electron microscopy which extends its usefulness in characterizing cellular structure. Some of them are Negative-Staining (which increases the electron opacity of surrounding), Shadow Casting (helps in producing three-dimensional structure of the object), Ultrathin Sectioning and Freeze-Etching.
5. Which of the following is the example of Gram-negative bacteria?
(B) Eschericia coli
(C) Staphylococcus aureus
(D) Bacillus subtilis
Explanation: Eschericia coli is an example of Gram-negative bacteria. Others are all examples of Gram-positive bacteria.
Practice the full set of Microbiology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Microbiology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Microbiology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Microbiology Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Microbiology, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Microbiology subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Microbiology".
2. Microbiology articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Microbiology Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Microbiology Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Microbiology Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Microbiology" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Microbiology InternshipIf you are looking for "Microbiology" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Microbiology, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Microbiology InternshipWho can apply for Microbiology content writing internship?
Students who had studied Microbiology in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Microbiology.
What are the skill sets required for Microbiology internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Microbiology internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Microbiology Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Microbiology?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Microbiology?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Microbiology. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Microbiology internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Microbiology at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]