Pre-requisite / Skillset for Mechanical Operations Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on different properties of particulate solids, handling and mixing of solid particles.
2. Should be aware of principles of comminution and different types of equipment for size reduction like crushers, grinders etc.
3. Should be aware of mechanical separation aspect such as screening, filtration, sedimentation, transportation of solids etc.
4. Should be aware of energy requirements in solids handling, agitation and mixing, solid conveying and storage.
5. Must be familiar with concepts like unit operations such as separation and size reduction.
6. Require knowledge in the field of particle size reduction and also deals with the detail construction and working of equipments used for mechanical operations.
7. Should be able to apply principles of screen analysis, equivalent diameters to samples.
8. Capable of comprehending the forces and laws of size reduction and explain the working principle of size reduction equipment.
9. Able to comprehend flow of fluids through solid beds and apply the same to filtration.
10. Should be able to deduce expression for power requirements in agitation and mixing and compare different mixing devices.
11. Must be capable of comprehending different sampling techniques and solids conveying machinery.
12. Should be aware of principle of size separation in Magnetic, Electrostatic, Froth Floatation techniques and size enlargement techniques.
13. Should be able to measure the particle size.
14. Must be capable of estimating the crushing efficiency of different types crushers.
15. Should be familiar with the particle sedimentation.
16. Must be able to design the storage area for the different types of solids.
17. Should be able to understand the overview of equipment used to perform various mechanical operations and problems associated during the implementation and applications.
18. Should be able to comprehend applications of Standard Sieve Series, concepts of ideal and actual screens and Screening equipment.
Mechanical Operations Internship Test
Intern has to take Mechanical Operations internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Mechanical Operations topic.
1. The two basic methods of analysis are ______
(A) Cumulative and Affirmative
(B) Cumulative and Frequency
(C) Frequency and Affirmative
(D) Affirmative and Conservative
Explanation: The two basic method of analysis of screening are Cumulative and Frequency plot techniques, one uses particle size while other one uses screen size.
2. The Bubble or Drop size diameter, is referred to _____
(A) Frisch diameter
(B) Bubble diameter
(C) Sauter diameter
(D) Sphere diameter
Explanation: When surface area and the bubble are controlling parameters then, in such cases these diameters are called as Sauter diameter.
3. Kick’s law holds well for ____
(A) Fine crushing
(B) Simple crushing
(C) Full crushing
(D) Coarse crushing
Explanation: Kick’s law holds good for coarse crushing and amount of surface produced is less.
4. The gross energy requirement is called as ____
(A) Work index
(B) Power index
(C) Energy index
(D) Final index
Explanation: Wi or Work index is defined as the gross energy requirement in kilowatt hours per unit ton of feed needed to reduce very large feed to 80%.
5. Which of the following shows the tendency to choke?
(A) Jaw crusher
(B) Dodge Crusher
(C) Rod mill
(D) Gyratory crusher
Explanation: The dodge crusher is the most prone to the tendency of choking and thus is less widely used due to the same reason.
Practice the full set of Mechanical Operations Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Mechanical Operations Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Mechanical Operations Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Mechanical Operations Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Mechanical Operations, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Mechanical Operations subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Mechanical Operations".
2. Mechanical Operations articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Mechanical Operations Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Mechanical Operations Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Mechanical Operations Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Mechanical Operations" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Mechanical Operations InternshipIf you are looking for "Mechanical Operations" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Mechanical Operations, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Mechanical Operations InternshipWho can apply for Mechanical Operations content writing internship?
Students who had studied Mechanical Operations in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Mechanical Operations.
What are the skill sets required for Mechanical Operations internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Mechanical Operations internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Mechanical Operations Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Mechanical Operations?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Mechanical Operations?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Mechanical Operations. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Mechanical Operations internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Mechanical Operations at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]