Pre-requisite / Skillset for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Internship
1. Intern must have the ability to understand the mechanism involved in elastic and plastic behaviour of metals.
2. Should be aware about basic atomic structure and mechanical properties.
3. Ability to understand fundamentals of fracture mechanics.
4. Able to apply their knowledge in real time fatigue failures.
5. Ability to evaluate and justify the safe use of materials for engineering application in high temperature.
6. Must have knowledge on the basics of material structures and properties and strength of materials shall be introduced to dislocation theories of plasticity behaviour, various strengthening mechanisms and fracture mechanics.
7. Ability to apply their knowledge of strengthening mechanism in ferrous and non ferrous systems.
8. Must be familiar with the elastic, plastic deformation and strengthen mechanisms.
9. Being familiar with the fracture mechanism, fatigue and creep behavior.
10. Should have knowledge about failure mechanisms due to fatigue and creep as well as their testing methods.
Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Internship Test
Intern has to take Mechanical Behaviour of Materials internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Mechanical Behaviour of Materials topic.
1. Coordination number for FCC structure is __________
Explanation: In FCC structure one atom touches 12 neighboring atoms which makes it ductile structure. 8 is coordination number for BCC crystal structure.
2. Which alloy system shows complete solubility?
Explanation: Cd-Mg system fulfills all of the four Hume-Rothery rules (atomic size factor, crystal structure rule, vacancy rule and rule) while other systems don’t.
3. Large plastic deformation corresponds to _____ of grains along the direction of applied stress.
Explanation: Larger plastic deformation leads to elongation of grains. This becomes possible due to the presence of dislocations.
4. Higher Stacking fault energy materials face more difficulty in cross slip and climb.
Explanation: In high SFE materials, due to no stacking faults, screw dislocations cross slip easily. These also deform by glide of dislocations.
5. Ceramics are sensitive for defects like inclusion and void.
Explanation: Inclusions act as preferred sites for fracture initiation. Ceramics are generally produced by powder metallurgical methods so these are prone to contain inclusions and porosity. That’s why inclusions and pores are undesirable.
Practice the full set of Mechanical Behaviour of Materials Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Mechanical Behaviour of Materials Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials".
2. Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials InternshipIf you are looking for "Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials InternshipWho can apply for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials content writing internship?
Students who had studied Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials.
What are the skill sets required for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Mechanical Behaviour and Testing of Materials at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]