This set of Mathematics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Kinds of Polygons”.
1. How many parallel sides does a trapezium have?
d) All the sides
Explanation: A polygon which has it’s one pair of opposite sides parallel to each other is known as trapezium. So the number of sides parallel would be 2. The option which states that all the sides are parallel can be straight away ruled out because if all the sides are parallel it won’t be forming a closed figure.
2. Which of the following figure is a trapezium?
Explanation: A polygon which has it’s one pair of opposite sides parallel to each other is known as trapezium. In the given options only one satisfy the conditions for a polygon, others have some or the other condition that is not being satisfied.
3. Raj has A trapezoidal shaped paper. He wants to give equal sized triangles to his friends, how many friends will get the triangle shaped cutting?
Explanation: If a student has three identical cutting of a right angled triangle and places it in a specific manner then the formation formed with these triangles is known as trapezium. So, here Raj can give three triangles to his friends.
4. If the non-parallel sides of a trapezium are equal in length then the trapezium is known as _______
a) equal sided trapezium
b) isosceles trapezium
c) equilateral trapezium
d) parallel trapezium
Explanation: If the two non-parallel sides of the trapezium are equal in length then the trapezium is known as Isosceles Trapezium. This is a special type of trapezium.
5. A kite has ________ sides equal.
Explanation: Kite is a special type of polygon in which the consecutive (adjacent) sides of the figure are equal in length and the diagonals are perpendicular but only one of them bisects the other. Therefore here the correct answer would be adjacent.
6. ________ is a special case of parallelogram.
Explanation: In a parallelogram all the sides are of equal length and the opposite sides are parallel to each other. This all conditions are satisfied by square and since all the angles measure 90°, therefore it is considered as the special case of parallelogram.
7. Take two set square of 30°-60°-90° measure, if they are placed along their hypotenuse then which type of a polygon is formed?
Explanation: When the set square are placed along their hypotenuse they form a rectangle. The set squares would look like the below figure. On the contrary if the set squares are of measure 45°-45°-90°, then the polygon formed is square.
8. Which of the following is not a polygon?
Explanation: Circle is not considered to be a polygon because it is a closed curve whereas the definition says that a ‘n’ sided closed figured containing straight lines is known as polygon. Since the circle does not satisfy all the conditions for a polygon it is not considered as a polygon.
9. __________ type of triangles has two angles equal.
d) Any type of triangle
Explanation: As we know that there are three types of triangle
(i) Equilateral Triangle: All sides are equal in length and all the angles measure 60°
(ii) Isosceles Triangle: Two sides are of equal length and the corresponding base angles would be of equal measure.
(iii) Scalene Triangle: All three sides of the different lengths and all the angles are of different measures.
10. If perimeter of any rectangle is 26 cm and one of the sides measures 7 cm, then the measure of the adjacent side is?
a) 6 m
b) 6 cm
c) 12 m
d) 12 cm
Explanation: Formula for perimeter of is, Perimeter = 2 × (Length+Breadth)
Therefore 26=2 × (7+Breadth)
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Mathematics – Class 8.
To practice all areas of Mathematics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Buy Class 8 - Mathematics Books
- Practice Class 10 Mathematics MCQs
- Practice Class 9 Mathematics MCQs