This set of Mathematics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Circles & its Related Terms”.
1. The collection of all the points in a plane, which are at a fixed distance from a fixed point in the plane, is called __________
Explanation: The given statement is the definition of the circle.
“The collection of all the points” is the circumferential of the circle and “fixed point” is the centre.
2. A circle divides the plane into __________ parts.
Explanation: As shown in the diagram below, a circle divides the plane into three parts:
1) Interior, 2) Circle and 3) Exterior.
3. From the diagram given, arc ABC is major arc.
Explanation: As we can see in the diagram that arc ABC is the longer one, therefore it is called major arc ABC.
Similarly, smaller side is called minor arc AC.
4. From the diagram given below, the shaded area is __________
a) major segment
b) minor segment
c) major sector
d) minor segment
Explanation: There are two types of segments in the circle, which are major segments and minor segments.
The shaded area is on the shorter side of the arc, therefore it is called minor segment.
5. The region between an arc and the two radii, joining the centre to the end points of the arc is called __________
d) area of circle
Explanation: The given statement is the definition of a sector.
As we can see from the figure that there are two sectors, which are major sector and minor sector.
6. When does both segments and both sectors become equal?
a) When two arcs are equal
b) When radius = 2 * chord
c) When two arcs are unequal
d) When chord = radius
Explanation: As we can see in the diagram below, when two arcs are equal (when they are equal to semicircle), both segments and both sectors are equal.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Mathematics – Class 9.
To practice all areas of Mathematics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.