This set of Mathematics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Angle Subtended by a Chord at a Point”.
1. From the diagram given below, angle subtended by the chord AB at the centre is __________
Explanation: We can see from the diagram that “O” is the centre of the circle, therefore angle formed by the chord at the centre is ∠AOB.
2. From the diagram given below, if lengths of the chords AB and PQ are equal, then ∠AOB = ∠POQ.
Explanation: According to the theorem 10.1, equal chords of a circle subtend equal angles at the centre.
Here, it is given that AB = PQ.
Hence, ∠AOB = ∠POQ.
3. From the diagram given below, if O is the centre of the circle and OL is perpendicular to chord AB, then which of the following is true?
a) AL > LB
b) AL < LB
c) AL ≠ LB
d) AL = LB
Explanation: According to theorem 10.2, perpendicular from the centre of a circle to a chord bisects the chord.
Therefore, AL = LB.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Mathematics – Class 9.
To practice all areas of Mathematics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Buy Class 9 - Mathematics Books
- Practice Class 10 Mathematics MCQs
- Practice Class 8 Mathematics MCQs