Pre-requisite / Skillset for Materials Science Internship
1. Interns must have knowledge on the various phase diagrams and their applications.
2. Require knowledge on Fe-Fe3C phase diagram, various microstructures and alloys.
3. Should have knowledge on mechanical properties of materials and their measurement.
4. Must have knowledge on magnetic, dielectric and superconducting properties of materials.
5. Require good knowledge on the topics like basics of ceramics, composites and nanomaterials.
6. Intern should be able to introduce the essential principles of materials science for mechanical and related engineering applications.
7. Must be capable of describing the physics of materials.
8. Should be able to explain the crystal structure of materials.
9. Should have knowledge on how to apply diffusion process for preparing materials.
10. Must know how to demonstrate preparation of polymeric materials and liquid crystals.
11. Should be able to analyze ceramic and smart materials for engineering and technology applications.
12. Intern must have knowledge on various concepts related to the material science and engineering, crystal structure, various types of materials and their uses in developing new technology.
Materials Science Internship Test
Intern has to take Materials Science internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Materials Science topic.
1. Calcium is an isobar of Argon. They differ in:
(A) Atomic weight
(B) Number of nucleons
(C) Number of neutrons
(D) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Isobars differ in a number of protons as well as that of neutrons but total number of nucleons( protons and neutrons) is the same for all the isobars. Hence, isobars have the same atomic weight.
2. Avogadro’s number of water molecules occupy 22.4 liters of space at 273 K.
Explanation: Molar volume at 273 K is 22.4 liter, only for gases. However, at this temperature water does not exist as a gas.
3. Which of the following orbitals do not exist?
Explanation: For principal quantum number 3, only possible values of azimuthal quantum number are 0, 1, and 2. Azimuthal quantum number of an f-orbital is 3.
4. With an increase in bond length, bond energy:
(C) may either increase or decrease
(D) does not change
Explanation: The coulombic force of attraction is inversely proportional to the square of a distance between the charges. As the internuclear distance in a bond increases, the force of attraction between nuclei and electrons decreases.
5. Ionization energy decreases down the group. It is the energy required by an isolated gaseous atom to form an anion.
Explanation: Ionization energy is the energy required by an isolated gaseous atom to lose the least tightly bound electron to form a cation. It decreases down the group as atomic size increases.
Practice the full set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Materials Science Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Materials Science Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Materials Science Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Materials Science, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Materials Science subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Materials Science".
2. Materials Science articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Materials Science Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Materials Science Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Materials Science Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Materials Science" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Materials Science InternshipIf you are looking for "Materials Science" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Materials Science, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Materials Science InternshipWho can apply for Materials Science content writing internship?
Students who had studied Materials Science in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Materials Science.
What are the skill sets required for Materials Science internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Materials Science internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Materials Science Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Materials Science?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Materials Science?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Materials Science. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Materials Science internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Materials Science at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]