This set of Manufacturing Science Problems focuses on “Forging Operations-2”.
1. In which forging process cross section of a bar is reduced or shaped by passing it through a pair of rolls with shaped grooves?
a) Skew rolling
b) Roll forging
c) Press forging
Explanation: Process of reducing cross section of bar by using rollers is known as roll forging.
2. In which of the following process a hardened punch is pressed into the surface of a block metal?
Explanation: Punching of hardened punch itno the surface of block metal is known a Hubbing. It is a forging operation.
3. Which of the following statement is not correct about coining process?
a) It is a closed die forging process
b) It is used in minting of coin, jewelry etc.
c) Lubrication is not used
d) None of the Mentioned
Explanation: Coining is a forging process which is used for minting of coins, jewellery etc.
4. In which of the following process radial movement of shaped died occur?
Explanation: radial movement of shaped die i sometimes encountered in swagging process.
5. In which process surface is intended with a punch in order to produce a cavity or an impression?
Explanation: Indentation of surface by using punch to create cavity or impression is known as Piercing.
6. Which defect occurs in drop forging due tp incorrectly aligned dies?
a) Miss match
d) Cold shut
Explanation: Due to improper alignment of dies mismatch defect come into play.
7. If scales are not removed from dies then which of the following defects occur?
a) Miss match
b) Scale pits
d) Cold shut
Explanation: Scale pits are the defect generated due to non removal of scales from dies.
8. Which of the following defects results due to improper forging?
d) All of the Mentioned
Explanation: Seams, cracks and laps are the defect, which arises due to improper forging method..
9. To remove the scales after forging operation which of the following cleaning operation is done?
a) Pickling in acid
b) Shot peening
c) Both of the mentioned
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Scales generated after forging operations are removed by using pickling in acid method and shot peeing method.
10. Edging and fullering operation is not used in which of the following operation?
a) Drop forging
b) Smith forging
d) Press forging
Explanation: Edging and fullering operations are not used in press forging operation.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Manufacturing Engineering.
To practice problems on all areas of Manufacturing Science, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.