Pre-requisite / Skillset for Manufacturing Engineering II Internship
1. Interns must have adequate knowledge on the tools, equipment and principle of operation of primary and secondary manufacturing processes.
2. Should be aware of defects, causes and their remedies of welding, casting and metal forming operations.
3. Processing of plastics and fabrication of various types of composite material should be known.
4. Should have knowledge on equipment, principle of operation of nontraditional machining and forming processes.
5. Should have knowledge on the concept and basic mechanics of metal cutting, working of standard machine tools such as lathe, shaping and allied machines, milling, drilling and allied machines, grinding and allied machines and broaching.
6. Must be aware of the basic concepts of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) of machine tools and CNC Programming.
7. Should have knowledge on the types of production processes, steps involved in casting, types of patterns, pattern making, pattern allowance, cores, furnaces, advantages and limitations of casting.
8. Should be aware of the fundamentals of metal cutting like various cutting forces, tool materials, about tool life and machinability.
9. Should know about importance of emerging technologies in manufacturing field.
10. Must illustrate the fundamentals of various non-conventional machining processes, capabilities with their application areas.
11. Should be capable of demonstrating the knowledge pertaining to sheet metal fabrication/different types of joints with their trouble shooting.
12. Must be able to illustrate the concepts of various metal casting processes.
13. Must have basic knowledge on powder metallurgy process.
14. Require basic knowledge of plastic/ceramic molding processes.
15. Should have knowledge of fabrication of reinforced polymer/polymeric composites with their applications.
Manufacturing Engineering II Internship Test
Intern has to take Manufacturing Engineering II internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Manufacturing Engineering II topic.
1. As the number of threads on the hob increases, it’s accuracy_____
(C) remains same
(D) can’t say
Explanation: More number of threads means more difficulties to manufacture them. Therefore, accuracy varies inversely with a number of hob threads.
2. Face hobbed bevel gear sets tend to have their involute point location_____
(A) on the flank centre
(B) on the addendum circle
(C) between addendum and dedendum circle
(D) between flank centre and the heel
Explanation: Face hobbed bevel gear sets tend to have their involute point location between the flan centre and the heel, which gives them the reputation of being forgiving with respect to gearbox and gear set deflections.
3. Which of the following type of broaches are sharpened or re-sharpened by grinding at the flank surfaces?
(A) Profile sharpened type
(B) Sectional type
(C) Segmented type
(D) Ordinary cut type
Explanation: Profile sharpened type broaches are sharpened or re-sharpened by grinding at the flank surfaces. These cutters have simple geometry with same rake and clearance angles all over the cutting edge. These broaches are generally designed and used for machining flat surfaces or circular holes.
4. Which of the following is true about push type shapers?
(A) The workpiece moves away from the column machining
(B) The ram moves away from the machine column while cutting the metal
(C) The ram moves towards the machine column while cutting the metal
(D) The ram moves away and the workpiece moves towards the machine column
Explanation: It is the most general type of shaper used in common practice. In this type, the metal is removed when the ram moves away from the column, i.e. it pushes the workpiece. As in shaping process workpiece remains stationary.
5. Why spacers are used in roll forming machines?
(A) To prevent the springback of the material
(B) To fix the rolls in exact position
(C) To accommodate specific material thickness by adjusting the height
(D) To support the shaft
Explanation: Spacers are used to fix the rolls in the exact position on the spindles. Vertical adjustment of the top shaft fine tunes the machine to accommodate specific rolls and material thickness.
Practice the full set of Manufacturing Engineering II Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Manufacturing Engineering II Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Manufacturing Engineering II Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Manufacturing Engineering II Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Manufacturing Engineering II, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Manufacturing Engineering II subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Manufacturing Engineering II".
2. Manufacturing Engineering II articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Manufacturing Engineering II Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Manufacturing Engineering II Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Manufacturing Engineering II Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Manufacturing Engineering II" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Manufacturing Engineering II InternshipIf you are looking for "Manufacturing Engineering II" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Manufacturing Engineering II, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Manufacturing Engineering II InternshipWho can apply for Manufacturing Engineering II content writing internship?
Students who had studied Manufacturing Engineering II in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Manufacturing Engineering II.
What are the skill sets required for Manufacturing Engineering II internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Manufacturing Engineering II internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Manufacturing Engineering II Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Manufacturing Engineering II?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Manufacturing Engineering II?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Manufacturing Engineering II. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Manufacturing Engineering II internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Manufacturing Engineering II at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]