Pre-requisite / Skillset for Manufacturing Engineering I Internship
1. Intern should be capable of carrying out step by step casting process to make components.
2. Analyzing the process of moulding and casting to make metal casting.
3. Analyzing the various cutting forces during metal cutting operations.
4. Ability to distinguish among various metal removal operations and use appropriate in industry.
5. Investigating on tool failure.
6. Appraising the advanced manufacturing technology over conventional manufacturing process.
7. Intern should be capable of describing types of machine tools, their classification, specifications and constructional features.
8. Must be able to illustrate machine tools capabilities, limitations of machining operations to generate cylindrical, circular and planar components.
9. Should be able to demonstrate different kinds of cutting tools with their significance of workpiece interface.
10. Must be familiar with the features and applications of screw thread processes.
11. Must be aware of features and applications of gear manufacturing processes.
12. Should be able to demonstrate finishing processes like grinding, reaming, honing, lapping and burnishing.
13. Should be able to use different manufacturing process and use this in industry for component production.
14. Methods to solve problems on cutting forces, tool life and analytical methods of estimating cutting temperature should be known.
15. Must be familiar with constructional features of lathe, drilling, shaper, planer, boring, broaching, and grinding machines, accessories and common operations performed on these machines.
16. Should be aware of machine tool structures, erection and testing of machine tools Concept of automation of machine tools.
Manufacturing Engineering I Internship Test
Intern has to take Manufacturing Engineering I internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Manufacturing Engineering I topic.
1. Which of the following is characteristic of non-crystalline structures?
(A) Long range of periodicity
(B) Well defined structure and geometry
(C) Low density
(D) Sharp diffraction pattern
Explanation: In non-crystalline structure, there is no definite packing of atoms, which makes them to possess any random shape, further these atoms are being bonded by weak secondary bonds with Van der Wall’s forces, thus giving a low density to material.
2. Effective number of atoms in a face centered cubic (FCC) unit cell is equal to ________
Explanation: In an FCC unit cell, there are eight atoms: one at each corner of the cube and six face centered atoms of the six planes of the cube. As corner atoms are shared by eight adjacent cubes and the face centered atoms by two adjacent unit cells, total effective number of atoms in an FCC unit cell will be 4.
3. Powder X-ray technique can be used to determine crystal structures.
Explanation: The powder method is used to determine the values of lattice parameters accurately. As we know, lattice parameters defines the axis system, which in turns can predict the crystal structure of the powder sampled.
4. Phenomenon of cross slip occurs in ________
(A) Point imperfections
(B) Line imperfections
(C) Volume imperfections
(D) Surface imperfections
Explanation: When we apply a stress, it causes screw dislocations to move from one slip plane to another slip plane, which is known as its cross slip. Cross slip is one of the primary mechanisms that causes plastic deformation in metals.
5. The total number of scales used in Rockwell hardness test is?
Explanation: There are 15 scales used in Rockwell hardness test, which are being differentiated based on indenter used and the material sampled.
Practice the full set of Manufacturing Engineering I Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Manufacturing Engineering I Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Manufacturing Engineering I Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Manufacturing Engineering I Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Manufacturing Engineering I, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Manufacturing Engineering I subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Manufacturing Engineering I".
2. Manufacturing Engineering I articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Manufacturing Engineering I Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Manufacturing Engineering I Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Manufacturing Engineering I Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Manufacturing Engineering I" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Manufacturing Engineering I InternshipIf you are looking for "Manufacturing Engineering I" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Manufacturing Engineering I, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Manufacturing Engineering I InternshipWho can apply for Manufacturing Engineering I content writing internship?
Students who had studied Manufacturing Engineering I in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Manufacturing Engineering I.
What are the skill sets required for Manufacturing Engineering I internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Manufacturing Engineering I internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Manufacturing Engineering I Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Manufacturing Engineering I?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Manufacturing Engineering I?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Manufacturing Engineering I. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Manufacturing Engineering I internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Manufacturing Engineering I at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]