Pre-requisite / Skillset for Machine Kinematics Internship
1. Intern should have adequate knowledge on the basics of mechanism.
2. Should be capable of calculating velocity and acceleration in simple mechanisms.
3. Must be able to develop CAM profiles.
4. Should solve problems on gears and gear trains.
5. Ability to examine friction in machine elements.
6. Must be familiar with the basic components and layout of linkages in the assembly of a system machine.
7. Able to understand the principles in analyzing the assembly with respect to the displacement, velocity and acceleration at any point in a link of a mechanism.
8. Intern should understand the motion resulting from a specified set of linkages, design few linkage mechanisms and cam mechanisms for specified output motions.
9. Should be able to understand the basic concepts of toothed gearing and kinematics of gear trains and the effects of friction in motion transmission and in machine components.
10. Knowledge on mechanisms and their motion is required.
11. Understanding on the inversions of four bar mechanisms is required.
12. Ability to analyse the velocity, acceleration of links and joints of mechanisms.
13. Analysis of cam follower motion for the motion specifications should be known.
14. Being familiar with the working of the spur gears.
15. Able to analyse the gear trains speed ratio and torque.
Machine Kinematics Internship Test
Intern has to take Machine Kinematics internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Machine Kinematics topic.
1. A body in motion will be subjected to coriolis acceleration when that body is
(A) in plane rotation with variable velocity
(B) in plane translation with variable velocity
(C) in plane motion which is a resultant of plane translation and rotation
(D) restrained to rotate while sliding over another body
Explanation: When a point on one link is sliding along another rotating link, such as in quick return motion mechanism, then the coriolis component of the acceleration must be calculated.
2. Rectilinear motion of piston is converted into rotary by
(A) cross head
(B) slider crank
(C) connecting rod
(D) gudgeon pin
Explanation: In single slider crank chain rotary motion is converted into reciprocating motion.
3. When a particle moves with a uniform velocity, then dv/dt will be
(A) infinitely small
(C) infinitely great
(D) none of the mentioned
Explanation: When a particle moves with a uniform velocity, then dv/dt will be zero. In other words, there will be no tangential acceleration; but the particle will have only normal or radial or centripetal acceleration.
4. The coefficient of restitution for inelastic bodies is
(B) between zero and one
(D) more than one
Explanation: The process of regaining the original shape is called restitution. Inelastic bodies can not regain their original shapes. Therefore their coefficient of restitution is zero.
5. A ball is dropped from the same height upon various flat surfaces. For the same collision time, impulses are smaller when the most bouncing take place.
Explanation: Since being dropped from the same height, the balls will be moving with the same pre-collision velocity (assuming negligible air resistance). Upon collision with the ground, the velocity will have to be reduced to zero – that is, the ball will cease moving downwards. This decrease in velocity constitutes the first portion of the velocity change. If the ball bounces, then there is an additional velocity change sending the ball back upwards opposite the original direction. Thus, for the same collision time, bouncing involves a greater velocity change, a greater momentum change, and therefore a greater impulse.
Practice the full set of Machine Kinematics Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Machine Kinematics Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Machine Kinematics Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Machine Kinematics Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Machine Kinematics, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Machine Kinematics subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Machine Kinematics".
2. Machine Kinematics articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Machine Kinematics Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Machine Kinematics Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Machine Kinematics Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Machine Kinematics" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Machine Kinematics InternshipIf you are looking for "Machine Kinematics" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Machine Kinematics, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Machine Kinematics InternshipWho can apply for Machine Kinematics content writing internship?
Students who had studied Machine Kinematics in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Machine Kinematics.
What are the skill sets required for Machine Kinematics internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Machine Kinematics internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Machine Kinematics Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Machine Kinematics?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Machine Kinematics?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Machine Kinematics. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Machine Kinematics internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Machine Kinematics at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]