This set of Machine Dynamics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Classifications of Synthesis Problem”.
1. In the following geometric modelling techniques, which cannot be used for finite element analysis:
a) Wireframe modelling
b) Surface modelling
c) Solid modelling
d) None of the mentioned
2. In the following geometric primitives, which is not a solid entity of CSG modelling:
Explanation: In 3D computer graphics and CAD CSG is often used in procedural modeling. CSG can also be performed on polygonal meshes, and may or may not be procedural and/or parametric.Typically they are the objects of simple shape: cuboids, cylinders, prisms, pyramids, spheres, cones.
3. The number of lines required to represent a cube, in a wireframe model is:
4. Which of the following is not an analytical entity?
Explanation: In mathematics, a spline is a numeric function that is piecewise-defined by polynomial functions, and which possesses a high degree of smoothness at the places where the polynomial pieces connect.
5. Which of the following is not a synthetic entity?
b) Bezier curve
c) B-spline curve
d) Cubic spline curve
Explanation: he hyperbola is one of the three kinds of conic section, formed by the intersection of a plane and a double cone.
6. Which one of the following does not belong to the family of conics?
Explanation: A line is a straight one-dimensional figure having no thickness and extending infinitely in both directions. A line is sometimes called a straight line or, more archaically, a right line.
7. The number of tangents required to describe cubic splines is:
Explanation: Since the order of cubic spline is one, therefore only only tangent is required to describe it.
8. The order of the cubic spline is the
a) 2″ order
b) 3″ order
c) 1″ order
d) 4″ order
Explanation: As only one tangent is required to describe cubic spline, therefore its order is 1.
9. The shape of the Bezier curve is controlled by:
a) Control points
c) End points
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: A control point (CP, also control and checkpoint) is a marked way point used in orienteering and related sports such as rogaining and adventure racing.
10. The curve that follows a convex hull property is:
a) Cubic spline
c) Bezier curve
d) Both (b) and (c)
Explanation: A B-spline is a generalization of the Bezier curve.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Machine Dynamics.
To practice all areas of Machine Dynamics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.