Pre-requisite / Skillset for Machine Dynamics Internship
1. Intern should have the ability to calculate the static and dynamic forces of mechanisms.
2. Calculate the balancing masses and their locations of reciprocating and rotating masses.
3. Intern should be able to compute the frequency of free vibration.
4. Compute the frequency of forced vibration and damping coefficient.
5. Calculate the speed and lift of the governor and estimate the gyroscopic effect on automobiles, ships and airplanes.
6. Must be familiar with the force-motion relationship in components subjected to external forces and analysis of standard mechanisms.
7. Should have knowledge on the undesirable effects of imbalances resulting from prescribed motions in mechanism.
8. Should be aware on the topics like effect of Dynamics of undesirable vibrations.
9. Principles in mechanisms used for speed control and stability control should be known.
10. Ability to analyse the mechanisms for static and dynamic equilibrium is required.
11. Should be capable of carrying out the balancing of rotating and reciprocating masses.
12. Should be able to analyse different types of governors used in real life situation.
13. Must be able to analyse the gyroscopic effects on disks, airplanes, stability of ships, two and four wheelers.
14. Understanding the free and forced vibration phenomenon.
15. Must be capable of determining the natural frequency, force and motion transmitted in vibrating systems.
Machine Dynamics Internship Test
Intern has to take Machine Dynamics internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Machine Dynamics topic.
1. A motor car moving at a certain speed takes a left turn in a curved path. If the engine rotates in the same direction as that of wheels, then due to the centrifugal forces
(A) the reaction on the inner wheels increases and on the outer wheels decreases
(B) the reaction on the outer wheels increases and on the inner wheels decreases
(C) the reaction on the front wheels increases and on the rear wheels decreases
(D) the reaction on the rear wheels increases and on the front wheels decreases
Explanation: When the engine is rotating in the same direction as that of wheels, then the positive sign is used in the above expression and if the engine rotates in opposite direction, then negative sign is used.
2. When the pitching of a ship is upward, the effect of gyroscopic couple acting on it will be
(A) to move the ship towards star-board
(B) to move the ship towards port side
(C) to raise the bow and lower the stern
(D) to raise the stern and lower the bow
Explanation: When the pitching of a ship is upward, the effect of gyroscopic couple acting on it will be to move the ship towards star-board.When the pitching of a ship is downward, the effect of gyroscopic couple, is to turn the ship towards port side.
3. When the pitching of a ship is upward, the effect of gyroscopic couple acting on it will be
(A) to move the ship towards starboard
(B) to move the ship towards port side
(C) to raise the bow and lower the stern
(D) to raise the stern and lower the bow
Explanation: When the rotor rotates in the anticlockwise direction, when viewed from the stern and the ship is steering to the left, then the effect of reactive gyroscopic couple will be to lower the bow and raise the stern. When the ship is steering to the right under similar conditions, then the effect of reactive gyroscopic couple will be to raise the bow and lower the stern.
4. Rolling is the turning of a complete ship in a curve towards left or right, while it moves forward.
Explanation: Steering is the turning of a complete ship in a curve towards left or right, while it moves forward, while rolling is rocking from side to side.
5. Which of the following factor is not responsible for the stability of a 4 wheel vehicle while negotiating a turn?
(B) Reaction due to weight of Vehicle
(C) Effect of Gyroscopic couple due to Wheel
(D) Effect of Gyroscopic Couple due to Engine
Explanation: Pitching effect is not pronounced in four wheel vehicles and thus has a negligible effect on the stability of the vehicle while the other 3 factors play a vital role in preventing the overturning of the vehicle.
Practice the full set of Machine Dynamics Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Machine Dynamics Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Machine Dynamics Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Machine Dynamics Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Machine Dynamics, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Machine Dynamics subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Machine Dynamics".
2. Machine Dynamics articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Machine Dynamics Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Machine Dynamics Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Machine Dynamics Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Machine Dynamics" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Machine Dynamics InternshipIf you are looking for "Machine Dynamics" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Machine Dynamics, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Machine Dynamics InternshipWho can apply for Machine Dynamics content writing internship?
Students who had studied Machine Dynamics in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Machine Dynamics.
What are the skill sets required for Machine Dynamics internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Machine Dynamics internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Machine Dynamics Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Machine Dynamics?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Machine Dynamics?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Machine Dynamics. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Machine Dynamics internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Machine Dynamics at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]