This set of Machine Drawing Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Methods of Size Description & Drawings Preparation – 2”.
1. Dimensions given in a drawing are the scaled dimensions and not the actual dimensions of the object for scaled views.
Explanation: Dimensions given for scaled views are the actual dimensions of the object and not the scaled dimensions. Ratio or scale of that scaled dimension to the actual dimension is mentioned at the corner of drawing sheet.
2. As far as possible dimensions should be given in one unit, preferably in _______
Explanation: It is always preferred that the unit used for dimensions are mm (millimeters). Depending upon the size of the object meters or centimeters can also be used.
3. Addition of numerals on the drawing defines the object for ______
Explanation: Addition of numerals on the drawing defines its size. Lines and curves represent the shape of the object and the numbers mentioned are the dimensions in mm.
4. Size is given by ________ for linear distances, radii, diameters, angles, etc.
Explanation: Size of the drawing is given by the dimensions for linear distances, radii, diameters, angles, etc. Size description is necessary for making a complete drawing.
5. Which of the following is the method of preparing drawing?
a) Machine drawing
b) Production drawing
c) Assembly drawing
d) Finished drawing
Explanation: Finished drawing is the only method of preparing drawings from the given choices. Machine drawing, Production drawing and Assembly drawing are the types of Mechanical drawings.
6. Output of CAD is not _________
a) Printed with a printer if it is small up to A4 size
b) Saved in the magnetic memory of the computer
c) Drawn on the paper with special drawing apparatus
d) Printed with multiple plotters if it is large
Explanation: In CAD, drawing is drawn on the screen of the computer using drawing software and not on the paper with a special drawing apparatus. It can be printed on a paper with a printer or plotter or can be stored in the magnetic memory.
7. While preparing a drawing with freehand sketching _______
a) Special apparatus are used to draw curves
b) Angles are drawn with a protractor
c) Straight lines are drawn with set square
d) Sketching is done without any aid of drawing apparatus
Explanation: Freehand sketching is used for expressing ideas only. It is a preliminary drawing and good for the understanding purpose. It is done with pencil and paper without any aid of the drawing apparatus.
8. CAD is the method of preparing drawings, which is an abbreviation of ______
a) Computer Aided Drafting
b) Call a Design
c) Completely Automated Designing
d) Common Application Data
Explanation: CAD is an abbreviation of Computer Aided Drafting. This is the latest method of drafting. CAD is the product of the computer era.
9. Which of the following statement is not about Computer Aided Drafting?
a) Quality of such drawing is excellent
b) Output is taken with the help of plotter or printer
c) Drawings are saved in the magnetic memory of the computer or hard disk
d) Letters are written using stencils for good appearance
Explanation: In CAD, the drawing is drawn on the screen of the computer using the software. Letters input to the software are directly printed on the paper and no need of stencils.
10. In a finished drawing, the appearance of the drawing does not depend upon the skill of the operator.
Explanation: Finished drawings are drawn with pencil or ink on paper or special drawing material with the aid of drawing apparatus for good draftsmanship. So, the quality and appearance of the drawing depend upon the skill of the person.
11. Which of the following option is not expressing the freehand sketch method of preparing drawing?
a) Sketching is done with pencil and paper
b) Lines may not be the exact length in such drawings
c) It is good in learning process
d) In sketching, circles are drawn with compass
Explanation: Sketching is done with paper and pencil without any aid of special drawing apparatus. It is a preliminary drawing and good for learning process only.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Machine Drawing.
To practice all areas of Machine Drawing for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.