Pre-requisite / Skillset for Machine Drawing Internship
1. Intern should be aware of use BIS conventions in machine drawings.
2. Should know how to find lines/curves of intersection between two intersecting surfaces (or interpenetrating solids).
3. Should be able to sketch the various machine components.
4. Must be able to read and interpret the given production drawings, understand significance of assembly and detail drawings.
5. Should be able to describe BIS conventions used in machine drawing.
6. Should be capable of creating bill of materials and practicing various calculations.
7. Should describe the function of various machine components.
8. Should be aware of assembly and detail drawings.
9. Must be able to apply the drawing tools to show the assembly view of the component and mark suitable units, fit tolerance data.
10. Able to draw free hand sketches and assembly drawing.
11. Should be familiar with free hand sketches and assembly drawings.
Machine Drawing Internship Test
Intern has to take Machine Drawing internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Machine Drawing topic.
1. _______ is an object seen by a human eye.
(A) Perspective view
(B) Axonometric view
(C) Orthogonal view
(D) Isometric view
Explanation: An object seen by a human eye is perspective view. In an orthographic view, the object is seen from different directions. The object is first rotated in horizontal plane about vertical axis to make an angle with the picture plane in Isometric view, which is a type of axonometric view.
2. Cost of manufacturing is ____________
(A) Inversely proportional to the amount of tolerance specified
(B) Directly proportional to the amount of tolerance specified
(C) Does not depends on tolerance specified
(D) Does depends non-linearly
Explanation: Generally tolerance is provided in the narrow region, however, narrower the tolerance more difficult it is to manufacture a component thus the cost of manufacturing does depend on the tolerance specified and it is inversely proportional t0 the tolerance provided.
3. Which of the following option is not expressing the freehand sketch method of preparing drawing?
(A) Sketching is done with pencil and paper
(B) Lines may not be the exact length in such drawings
(C) It is good in learning process
(D) In sketching, circles are drawn with compass
Explanation: Sketching is done with paper and pencil without any aid of special drawing apparatus. It is a preliminary drawing and good for learning process only.
4. To have uniformity in the drawings they are required to follow some drawing standards. These standards are available for drawing but not for any machine components.
Explanation: Standards are available for any machine components and also for drawings. To have uniformity in drawing, designer should follow some drawing standards approved by International Standards Organization (ISO). In India, BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) has been assigned for standardizing the machine components for interchangeability of parts.
5. The position and orientation of the UCS origin is controlled by ________
(A) UCS command
(B) UCSICON command
(C) VIEW command
(D) MOVE command
Explanation: Position and orientation of the origin are user coordinate system is controlled by UCS command. VIEW command is used to display the view dialogue box only. MOVE is the command used to move a drawing from one place to another.
Practice the full set of Machine Drawing Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Machine Drawing Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Machine Drawing Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Machine Drawing Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Machine Drawing, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Machine Drawing subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Machine Drawing".
2. Machine Drawing articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Machine Drawing Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Machine Drawing Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Machine Drawing Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Machine Drawing" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Machine Drawing InternshipIf you are looking for "Machine Drawing" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Machine Drawing, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Machine Drawing InternshipWho can apply for Machine Drawing content writing internship?
Students who had studied Machine Drawing in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Machine Drawing.
What are the skill sets required for Machine Drawing internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Machine Drawing internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Machine Drawing Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Machine Drawing?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Machine Drawing?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Machine Drawing. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Machine Drawing internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Machine Drawing at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]