Pre-requisite / Skillset for Linear Integrated Circuits Internship
1. Intern should be capable of designing linear and non linear applications of OP – AMPS.
2. Must be able to design applications using analog multiplier and PLL.
3. Should have the ability to design ADC and DAC using OP – AMPS.
4. Must be able to generate waveforms using OP – AMP Circuits.
5. Able to analyze special function ICs.
6. Should be capable of introducing the basic building blocks of linear integrated circuits.
7. Should be familiar with linear and non-linear applications of operational amplifiers.
8. Require knowledge on the theory and applications of analog multipliers and PLL.
9. Should be aware of topics like theory of ADC and DAC.
10. Require good knowledge on the concepts of waveform generation and introduce some special function ICs.
Linear Integrated Circuits Internship Test
Intern has to take Linear Integrated Circuits internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Linear Integrated Circuits topic.
1. If output is measured between two collectors of transistors, then the Differential amplifier with two input signal is said to be configured as
(A) Dual Input Balanced Output
(B) Dual Input Unbalanced Output
(C) Single Input Balanced Output
(D) Dual Input Unbalanced Output
Explanation: When two input signals are applied to base of transistor, it is said to be Dual Input. When both collectors are at same DC potential with respect to ground, then it is said to be Balance Output.
2. Which of the following is not preferred for input stage of Op-amp?
(A) Dual Input Balanced Output
(B) Differential Input Single ended Output
(C) Cascaded DC amplifier
(D) Single Input Differential Output
Explanation: Cascaded DC amplifier suffers from major problem of drift of the operating point, due to temperature dependency of the transistor.
3. To increase the value of CMRR, which circuit is used to replace the emitter resistance Re in differential amplifier?
(A) Constant current bias
(B) Resistor in parallel with Re
(C) Resistor in series with Re
(D) Diode in parallel with Re
Explanation: Constant current bias offers extremely large resistor under AC condition and thus provide high CMRR value.
4. Which current source exhibits a very high output resistance?
(A) Simple current mirror
(B) Wilson current mirror
(C) Widlar current mirror
(D) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The output resistance of Wilson current mirror is substantially greater than ≅(β× Output resistance)/2 than Simple or Widlar current source.
5. Why active load is used in amplifier to obtain large gain in intermediate stage of amplifier?
(A) To obtain a very large voltage gain
(B) To get High input resistance
(C) To reduce the noises
(D) To increase current gain
Explanation: To increase gain usually large collector resistance value as gain is proportional to load resistor. However, due to limitation of maximum value load resistor, active loads are used in amplifier to obtain large gain in intermediate stages of amplifier.
Practice the full set of Linear Integrated Circuits Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Linear Integrated Circuits Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Linear Integrated Circuits Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Linear Integrated Circuits Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Linear Integrated Circuits, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Linear Integrated Circuits subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Linear Integrated Circuits".
2. Linear Integrated Circuits articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Linear Integrated Circuits Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Linear Integrated Circuits Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Linear Integrated Circuits Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Linear Integrated Circuits" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Linear Integrated Circuits InternshipIf you are looking for "Linear Integrated Circuits" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Linear Integrated Circuits, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Linear Integrated Circuits InternshipWho can apply for Linear Integrated Circuits content writing internship?
Students who had studied Linear Integrated Circuits in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Linear Integrated Circuits.
What are the skill sets required for Linear Integrated Circuits internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Linear Integrated Circuits internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Linear Integrated Circuits Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Linear Integrated Circuits?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Linear Integrated Circuits?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Linear Integrated Circuits. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Linear Integrated Circuits internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Linear Integrated Circuits at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]