This set of Life Sciences test focuses on “Tissues – 2”.
1. Most abundant and widely distributed tissues of the body is___________
a) Organ system
b) Muscular tissue
c) Nervous tissue
d) Connective tissue
Explanation: Connective tissues are composed of two basic elements, i.e., cells and extracellular matrix. These tissues are widely distributed in the body.
2. All connective tissues are highly vascular nature.
Explanation: Connective tissues are highly vascular so that they have a rich blood supply, but the cartilage is avascular and does not have blood vessels.
3. Which of the following does not come under the category of loose connective tissue?
a) Elastic connective tissue
b) Adipose tissue
c) Areolar tissue
d) Reticular connective tissue
Explanation: Elastic connective tissue falls under the category of dense connective tissue while areolar, reticular, and adipose tissues are loose connective tissues.
4. Name the tissue, which stores triglycerides (fats)?
a) Regular connective tissue
b) Areolar tissue
c) Adipose tissue
d) Epithelial tissue
Explanation: Adipose tissues consist of adipocytes which stores fat in the form of triglycerides as a large, centrally located droplet followed by the nucleus and cytoplasm at the periphery.
5. Which of the following is NOT the function of areolar connective tissues?
d) Forms stroma of organs
Explanation: Stroma of organs are formed by the reticular connective tissues while strength, elasticity, and support are provided by the areolar connective tissues.
6. Mark the one, which is not the location of the hyaline cartilage?
a) End of long bones
b) Menisci of the knee
c) Anterior end of ribs
Explanation: Hyaline cartilage consists of blue-white, shiny ground substance with collagen fibers. Fibrocartilage found in menisci of the knee.
7. Among the following which one is not the location of smooth muscle cells?
a) Iris of the eye
b) Airways to the lungs
c) Heart wall
d) Urinary bladder
Explanation: Heart wall is composed of cardiac muscle tissue while iris of the eye, airways to the lungs, and urinary bladder are controlled by smooth muscle cells.
8. Mark the one, which is NOT the location of endocrine glands?
a) Pituitary gland
b) Salivary gland
c) Adrenal glands
Explanation: Salivary gland is an exocrine gland whose secretory product released into the ducts while endocrine glands diffuse their secretion in the blood.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Life Sciences.
To practice all areas of Life Sciences for tests, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.