This set of Life Sciences Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Sensory Organs – 1”.
1. Organs involve in the sensation of the body is known as ___________
a) Organ system
b) Muscular system
c) Nervous tissue
d) Sensory organs
Explanation: Those organs which include hearing, seeing, taste and smell are known as sensory organs. For ex: eye, ear, nose, skin, and tongue.
2. The eyes are the most complex sense organ of the body.
Explanation: There are number of receptors in the eye, the lens concentrates light on these receptors which thusly made a motivation. This drive goes to the cerebrum and produces pictures.
3. Which of the following is known as the “window of the brain”?
a) Sensory organs
b) Cranial nerves
Explanation: Sensory organs are considered as the “window of the brain”. When external stimuli contacted with sensory receptors, it sends signals to the brain in the form of nerve impulse which results in the sensation.
4. Which of the following helps in maintaining the shape of the eye?
b) Aqueous humor
c) Vitreous humor
Explanation: Vitreous humor is a viscous mass that helps in maintaining the shape of the eye. The lens is surrounded by the aqueous humor from one side and vitreous humor from the other side.
5. Mark the INCORRECT statement about the lens?
a) Protein found in the lens are α, β, and γ crystalline
b) Composed of water and proteins
c) Mainly made up of water
d) It has a blood supply
Explanation: Though lens does not have a blood supply, it is active. Lens is basically made up of water and protein and many vertebrates have lens protein α, β, and γ crystalline.
6. What is Sclera?
b) White part of the eye
c) Red part of the eye
Explanation: Sclera is the white part of the eye which covers the entire eye except for cornea and is made up of collagen fibers and fibroblast.
7. Name the part of the eye, which is involved in focusing light on the retina?
d) Ciliary muscles
Explanation: Fibrous tunic is composed of anterior cornea and posterior sclera. It is a surface coating of an eyeball. Transparent cornea covered colored iris and it helps in focussing light on the retina.
8. Iris is found in which layer of the eyeball?
a) Vascular tunic
c) Fibrous tunic
Explanation: Eyeball is made up of three layers, i.e., fibrous tunic, vascular tunic, and retina. The middle layer of the eyeball is a vascular tunic. It consists of three parts: ciliary body, iris, and choroid.
9. Among the following, which is one is more vascularized and pigmented.
c) Ciliary body
Explanation: Choroid is highly pigmented with melanin and vascularized structure which forms the posterior region of vascular tunic. It absorbs scattered light and also supplies blood.
10. Name the part of the eye which produces aqueous fluid that fills the front part of the eye.
a) Ciliary body
c) Vitreous humor
Explanation: In the back locale of vascular tunic choroid end up a ciliary body. Ciliary body produces the watery liquid that fills the front piece of the eye and it is likewise situated behind the iris.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Life Sciences.
To practice all areas of Life Sciences, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Life Sciences
- Participate in Life Sciences Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Life Sciences
- Take Life Sciences Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Life Sciences Internship
- Apply for Biotechnology Internship
- Buy Biotechnology Books
- Practice Biotechnology MCQs
- Buy Life Sciences Books