This set of Life Sciences Quiz focuses on “Sensory Organs – 2”.
1. In human ear, secretion of wax is done by___________
c) Basilar membrane
d) Ceruminous glands
Explanation: Human ear has the number of sweat glands called ceruminous glands. These glands are present on the skin from exterior to interior part. The secretion of these glands called cerumen or wax.
2. Human ear converts sound energy to mechanical energy which is transmitted to the brain through nerve impulse.
Explanation: The human ear works as a transducer which converts sound energy into mechanical energy to a nerve impulse which further detected by the brain.
3. Conversion of vibrations into compressed wave takes place in which part of human ear?
a) Inner ear
b) Middle ear
c) Outer ear
d) Exterior ear
Explanation: Ear is broadly divided into three parts that are outer, middle, and inner. Sound wave goes through the outer ear gets converted to vibration by middle ear. Passing of vibration to inner ear further converts it in the form of compresses wave.
4. Name the light absorbing pigment present in the Rods?
b) Aqueous humor
Explanation: The light absorbing pigment present in the rods is rhodopsin and it is also a G-protein coupled receptor which upon activation activates transducin.
5. Name the G- protein, which takes part in vision?
Explanation: Rhodopsin activates molecules of transducin which further activates an enzyme to break down cyclic GMP. The drop in cyclic GMP will open sodium channel which is responsible for vision.
6. What is the absorption peak of green absorbing cones?
a) 565 nm
b) 535 nm
c) 768 nm
d) 440 nm
Explanation: The color vision of our eye is dependent on the three types of cones, i.e., green absorbing, red absorbing cones, and blue absorbing cones.
7. Which of the following is NOT true for Rods?
a) Used for scotopic vision
b) Loss causes night blindness
c) Not very light sensitive
d) Confer achromatic vision
Explanation: Rods are very light sensitive while cons are not that much light sensitive. Cons enable us to see colors by producing sharpest images.
8. Name the tiny bone of the middle ear, which convert sound into vibration?
Explanation: The space of the middle ear is filled with air where the tympanic membrane separates the inner and external ear. Eardrum transfer sound energy to middle ear, which in turn convert it to vibrate.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Life Sciences.
To practice all areas of Life Sciences for Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Life Sciences
- Participate in Life Sciences Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Life Sciences
- Take Life Sciences Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Life Sciences Books
- Buy Biotechnology Books
- Practice Biotechnology MCQs
- Apply for Life Sciences Internship
- Apply for Biotechnology Internship