This set of Life Sciences Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Animal’s Classification”.
1. Which of the following phylum is known for its asymmetrical body shape?
Explanation: These are multicellular life forms that have bodies brimming with pores and channels enabling water to circulate through them, comprising of jam like structure sandwiched between two thin layers of cells.
2. Name the phylum which has a single opening for taking food and throwing out faeces?
Explanation: Organisms of this phylum have a single opening known as hypostome, used for both taking food and throwing out of faeces.
3. Name the organism which has flame-cell in its excretory system?
Explanation: A flame-cell is a specific excretory cell found in the easiest freshwater spineless creatures, including flatworm.
4. Which of the following is causative agent of Trichionosis?
a) Trichinella spiralis
b) Oxytricha trifallax
c) Morus nigra
d) Agrodiaetus shahrami
Explanation: Trichinosis is a disease caused by the roundworm Trichinella spiralis or another Trichinella species. Side effects incorporate the runs, stomach issues, muscle torments, and fever.
5. Intestinal fluke disease is caused by phylum__________
Explanation: Fasciolopsis is a family of trematodes. Just a single animal varieties are perceived: Fasciolopsis buski. It is a prominent parasite in people and in pigs.
6. Which organism has segmental nephridia for excretion and osmoregulation?
Explanation: The nephridium is an invertebrate organ which happens in sets and plays out a capacity like the vertebrate kidney. Nephridia expel metabolic waste from their body. They are available in various invertebrate lines.
7. In arthropods, Ecdysis or moulting is a process of casting off the skin.
Explanation: Moulting, otherwise called sloughing, shedding, or in numerous spineless creatures, ecdysis, is the way in which a creature routinely pushes off a piece of its body (however, not generally, an external layer or covering), either in particular circumstances of the year, or in particular focuses in its life cycle.
8. Which of the following phylum has a water vascular system?
Explanation: Presence of water vascular system in echinodermata helps them in a capture, and transport of food and locomotion also helps in respiration.
9. Name the phylum which is characterized by the presence of notochord.
Explanation: The notochord is a hollow nerve chord present at the dorsal site of organisms. Presence of notochord is the special character of the chordata.
10. Name the first vertebrate which possessed amniotic egg?
Explanation: The amniotic egg was a developmental creation that enabled the principal reptiles to colonize dry land in excess of 300 million years back. Fishes and creatures of land and water must lay their eggs in water and along these lines can’t live a long way from water. Be that as it may, on account of the amniotic egg, reptiles can lay their eggs about anyplace on dry land.
11. Which of the following is known as scavengers in the marine ecosystem?
Explanation: Hagfish, the class Myxini, are eel-molded, ooze creating marine fish. They are the main known living creatures that have a skull however no vertebral section, in spite of the fact that hagfish do have simple vertebrate and known for their scavenging activity.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Life Sciences.
To practice all areas of Life Sciences, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Life Sciences
- Participate in Life Sciences Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Life Sciences
- Take Life Sciences Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Life Sciences Internship
- Practice Biotechnology MCQs
- Apply for Biotechnology Internship
- Buy Biotechnology Books
- Buy Life Sciences Books