1. The libraries that build a new higher-level API for client-side programming is ____________
Explanation: Many web developers find it useful to build their web applications on top of a client side framework library. These libraries are “frameworks” in the sense that they build a new higher-level API for client-side programming on top of the standard and proprietary APIs offered by web browsers: once you adopt a framework, your code needs to be written to use the APIs defined by that framework.
2. Which of the following is not a framework?
3. Which of the following frameworks focuses on DOM and Ajax utilities?
d) Both jQuery and Prototype
Explanation: DOM stands for data object modulation. The Prototype library focuses on DOM and Ajax utilities like jQuery does, and adds quite a few core-language utilities as well.
4. What is the purpose of the Dojo framework?
a) Focuses on DOM and Ajax utilities
b) Advertises incredible depth
c) Ajax utilities
5. Which is the in-house library of Yahoo!?
6. What does Dojo and YUI have in common?
a) Facilitates DOM utilities and UI Widgets
b) Does not facilitates DOM utilities and UI Widgets
c) Client-side library
d) Server-side library
Explanation: Like Dojo, it is a large, all-encompassing library with language utilities, DOM utilities, UI widgets, and so on. There are actually two incompatible versions of YUI, known as YUI 2 and YUI 3.
7. What are the two incompatible versions of YUI?
a) YUI1 and YUI2
b) YUI2 and YUI4
c) YUI1 and YUI3
d) YUI2 and YUI3
Explanation: YUI stands for yahoo user interface. Like Dojo, it is a large, all-encompassing library with language utilities, DOM utilities, UI widgets, and so on. There are actually two incompatible versions of YUI, known as YUI 2 and YUI 3.
8. Which of the following framework was used by Google for Gmail?
Explanation: The Closure library is the client-side library that Google uses for Gmail, Google Docs, and other web applications. This library is intended to be used with the Closure compiler, which strips out unused library functions.
9. Which of the following is a web application API framework?
10. Which is more widely used than GWT in Google?