Pre-requisite / Skillset for Hydraulic Machines Internship
1. Intern should be able to apply knowledge of fluid mechanics in addressing problems in open channels.
2. Should possess the skills to solve problems in uniform, gradually and rapidly varied flows in steady state conditions.
3. Require knowledge in hydraulic machineries (pumps and turbines).
4. Intern should be aware of various hydraulic engineering problems like open channel flows and hydraulic machines.
5. Should be able to relate the theory and practice of problems in hydraulic engineering.
6. Must have knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic system and its components.
7. Must be familiar with the working principle of various hydraulic and pneumatic components.
8. Should be aware of applying working principles of hydraulic and pneumatic Systems for various applications.
9. Intern should be able to determine cause for hydraulic and pneumatic system break down and performance of hydraulic pumps, motors.
Hydraulic Machines Internship Test
Intern has to take Hydraulic Machines internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Hydraulic Machines topic.
1. Which kind of turbine is a Fourneyron Turbine?
(A) Inward flow turbine
(B) Outward flow turbine
(C) Mixed flow turbine
(D) Radial flow turbine
Explanation: In a Fourneyron turbine, the flow is centrifugal type. The flow is outwards from the centre to the periphery.
2. Into how many types can you classify turbines on basis of head at inlet?
Explanation: We can classify turbines into 3 types on basis of head. Into high head, low head, medium head discharged.
3. The difference between gross head and friction losses is ____________
(A) Net head
(B) Gross head
(C) Manometric head
(D) Net positive suction head
Explanation: Net head is the effective head used to calculate power production. It includes the elimination of frictional losses from the gross head.
4. The ratio of volume available at shaft of turbine and power supplied at the inlet of the turbine
(A) Mechanical efficiency
(B) Volumetric efficiency
(C) Hydraulic efficiency
(D) Overall efficiency
Explanation: Overall efficiency is defined as ratio of power available at shaft of turbine to power supplied at the inlet of turbine which is also product of mechanical and hydraulic efficiency.
5. Impulse turbine is generally fitted at ______________
(A) At the level of tail race
(B) Above the tail race
(C) Below the tail race
(D) About 2.5mts above tail race to avoid cavitations.
Explanation: Impulse turbine is fitted above the tail race because in impulse turbines, the pressure energy must convert into kinetic energy for usage.
Practice the full set of Hydraulic Machines Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Hydraulic Machines Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Hydraulic Machines Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Hydraulic Machines Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Hydraulic Machines, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Hydraulic Machines subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Hydraulic Machines".
2. Hydraulic Machines articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Hydraulic Machines Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Hydraulic Machines Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Hydraulic Machines Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Hydraulic Machines" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Hydraulic Machines InternshipIf you are looking for "Hydraulic Machines" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Hydraulic Machines, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Hydraulic Machines InternshipWho can apply for Hydraulic Machines content writing internship?
Students who had studied Hydraulic Machines in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Hydraulic Machines.
What are the skill sets required for Hydraulic Machines internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Hydraulic Machines internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Hydraulic Machines Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Hydraulic Machines?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Hydraulic Machines?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Hydraulic Machines. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Hydraulic Machines internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Hydraulic Machines at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]