This set of Highway Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Traffic Planning and Management”.
1. Land use, transportation and road network plans are __________
a) Inter linked
b) Intra linked
c) Not linked
d) Depends on the network
Explanation: Land use, transportation and road network plans are inter linked to each other and they are inseparable.
2. What is the main cause of accidents in urban areas?
a) Improper planning
b) Extra wide roads
c) Additional thickness of the pavement
d) Traffic congestion
Explanation: The main cause of accidents in urban areas is improper planning, no adequate facilities and increase of traffic.
3. The first stage in the function of traffic engineering department is?
a) Planning and design
b) Collection of data
Explanation: The first stage in the function of the traffic engineering department is a collection of data followed by analysis and design.
4. Traffic forecast is not influenced by __________
b) Industrial output
Explanation: Weather cannot influence the traffic forecast, as it is not related to traffic engineering, the remaining directly or indirectly are related to the traffic.
5. Demographic factors do not include __________
b) Population in urban cities
c) Population in rural areas
d) Overall population
Explanation: Demographic factors include population, the population in urban and rural areas, GDP accounts for economic factors.
6. The NHDP are being undertaken by private companies on the basis of __________
d) Commission basis
Explanation: In India mostly private and govt. sectors follow BOT which means build operate transfer, it is built by a private firm and later transferred to govt.
7. The traffic will increase if the __________
a) Price of fuel decreases
b) Price of vehicles decreases
c) Price of fuel decreases
d) Price of vehicles decreases
Explanation: The traffic increases if the prices of vehicle decreases, price of fuel may increase and decrease, but if the price of the vehicle decreases then the traffic increases.
8. The traffic population is estimated by __________
a) Arithmetic method
b) Geometric method
c) Incremental increase method
d) Harmonic method
Explanation: The population forecast is calculated by
Where, P is the expected population, n is the number of years, P0 is the present population.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Highway Engineering.
To practice all areas of Highway Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Highway Engineering
- Participate in Highway Engineering Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Highway Engineering
- Take Highway Engineering Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10