This set of Highway Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Drawings and Report”.
1. The index map shows __________
c) Area of the site
Explanation: Index map is used for general topography. They are usually prepared in 32*20 cm map.
2. Detailed size drawings are prepared in which sheet?
Explanation: The detailed plans of drawings are prepared in A2 sheets. They are usually 60*42cm in size.
3. The cross sections should be drawn for every __________
Explanation: The cross section should be drawn for every 100m or wherever there is an abrupt change in the level.
4. The approximate cost of construction evaluated for the project is called __________
a) Project report
b) Project feasibility
d) Detailed project report
Explanation: The approximate cost of a project before the construction is called an estimate.
5. The report that includes all the works including soil, bridges, topography, material studies and drainage studies is called as __________
a) Feasibility report
b) Detailed project report
c) Survey report
d) Primary report
Explanation: Detailed project report or DPR is the report that is created after all the surveys and estimates have been prepared for a final review.
6. The planning, design and construction of either a network of new roads or road link is called __________
a) Highway project
b) Highway estimate
c) Highway interlinking
d) Highway design
Explanation: The highway project includes planning, designing and execution of new roads or providing links between existing roads, the design is for geometry and interlinking word is not so appropriate and estimate is prepared for every highway.
7. Highway should be planned for __________
a) Present requirements
b) Traffic developments
c) Traffic studies
d) Present requirements and future requirements
Explanation: A highway should be planned such that the present and future requirements of the highway are satisfied.
8. The New highway project is divided into how many stages?
Explanation: The new highway project is divided into (i) Selection of route, alignment and geometric design. (ii) Collection of materials (iii) Construction stages including quality control.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Highway Engineering.
To practice all areas of Highway Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Highway Engineering
- Participate in Highway Engineering Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Highway Engineering
- Take Highway Engineering Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10