This set of Highway Engineering Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Distresses in Rigid Pavements and Maintenance Measures – 2”.
1. The probable causes for loss of surface texture don’t include ___________
a) Poor texturing
c) Movement of Traffic
d) Use of durable materials
Explanation: The loss of surface is not caused due to the durable materials, it is caused due to non durable materials.
2. The surface texture may be calculated by ___________
a) Abrasion test
b) Impact test
c) British pendulum number
d) Viscosity test
Explanation: British pendulum number is a test which is conducted for the testing of the pavement frictional resistance.
3. The depth of groove in skid resistance test is ___________
a) 0.5 mm
b) 1.0 mm
c) 1.5 mm
d) 2.0 mm
Explanation: The depth of the groove in the skid resistance test is 1.5 mm, in which it can handle the apparatus.
4. The structural distress in the CC pavement is not due to ___________
a) Excessive loading
b) Inadequate thickness
c) Long spacing
Explanation: The erosion is not structural distress, it is a type of functional distress, structural distress are related to design.
5. The method not used in structural evaluation of CC pavement is?
a) Visual inspection
b) Deflection test
c) Non destructive testing
d) Benkleman test
Explanation: Benkleman test is a method used to verify the deflection of flexible pavement and not used in rigid pavement.
6. The methods of crack repairs are classified into how many types?
Explanation: The methods of crack repairs are crack stitching, partial depth and full depth repairs.
7. The diameter of bars used for insertion in crack stitching method is ___________
a) 8 mm
b) 10 mm
c) 12 mm
d) 16 mm
Explanation: The diameter of the bars used are 16 mm HYSD bars which are bent into U shape and inserted in holes at 600 mm intervals.
8. The partial depth repairs are limited to a slab height of less than ___________
a) 150 mm
b) 100 mm
c) 90 mm
d) 75 mm
Explanation: The partial depth repairs are limited to a height of less than 75 mm, or 1/3rd of the height of slab.
9. In full depth repairs the diameter of the hole is greater than the diameter of dowel bar by ___________
a) 1 mm
b) 1.5 mm
c) 2.0 mm
d) 2.5 mm
Explanation: The diameter of the hole dug is 2 mm more than the diameter of the dowel bar, which is useful for inserting tie bars.
10. The pavement condition factor for good condition is?
Explanation: The factor for the good, sound and slightly cracked pavement is 1.0, if it gives more cracks it decreases from 0.45 to 0.25.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Highway Engineering.
To practice all areas of Highway Engineering for Aptitude test, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!