Pre-requisite / Skillset for Highway Engineering Internship
1. Intern must have knowledge of different modes of transportation systems, history, development of highways and the organizations associated with research and development of the same in INDIA.
2. Should be familiar with Highway planning and development considering the essential criteria’s (engineering and financial aspects, regulations and policies, socio economic impact).
3. Should have an insight to different aspects of geometric elements and train them to design geometric elements of a highway network.
4. Should be aware of pavement and its components, pavement construction activities and its requirements.
5. Should be aware of evaluating the highway economics by B/C, NPV, IRR methods and also highway financing concepts.
6. Should be capable of proposing a new alignment or re-alignment of existing roads, conduct necessary field investigation for generation of required data.
7. Evaluating the engineering properties of the materials and suggesting the suitability of the same for pavement construction.
8. Should be able to design road geometrics, structural components of pavement and drainage.
9. Evaluating highway economics by few selective methods and also must have a basic knowledge of various highway financing concepts.
10. Adequate knowledge on planning and aligning of highway.
11. Should be familiar with Geometric design of highways.
12. Should know how to design flexible and rigid pavements.
13. Require knowledge on Highway construction materials, properties, testing methods.
14. Understanding the concept of pavement management system, evaluation of distress and maintenance of pavements.
15. Overview about the highway engineering with respect to, planning, design, construction and maintenance of highways as per IRC standards, specifications and methods.
Highway Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Highway Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Highway Engineering topic.
1. The scope of highway engineering is divided into how many parts.
Explanation: The scope of highway engineering is divided into 2 parts called phases and details. In these phases overall review is given and in the details it is planned in detail.
2. The National Highway network should be expanded so that no part of a country is more than 50km away from NH is policy of which twenty year road development plan?
(A) 1st 20 year road development plan
(B) 2nd 20 year road development plan
(C) 3rd 20 year road development plan
(D) 4th 20 year road development plan
Explanation: In the 3rd year road development plan it was proposed that the national highway should be expanded such that no part of the nation should be 50km away from a national highway.
3. The second 20 year development plan conference was held in which city?
Explanation: The second 20 year development plan conference was held in Bombay, their target was to achieve road length of 32km but they achieved 34.8km.
4. The utility unit as per saturation system for a population of less 1001 to 2000 is?
Explanation: The utility unit is a factor that is used to decide the priority given to the users for optimum utilization of road and it is 1.00 for a population of 1001-2000, it increases based on the population.
5. The maximum number of cities and towns are connected by which type of highway?
(A) National highway
(B) State highway
(C) Major district road
(D) Village road
Explanation: The national highway connects most of the cities and towns in the country. State highway connects in the state, village road in villages and other roads connect the remote areas.
Practice the full set of Highway Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Highway Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Highway Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Highway Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Highway Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Highway Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Highway Engineering".
2. Highway Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Highway Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Highway Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Highway Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Highway Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Highway Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Highway Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Highway Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Highway Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Highway Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Highway Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Highway Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Highway Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Highway Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Highway Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Highway Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Highway Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Highway Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Highway Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Highway Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]