Pre-requisite / Skillset for Heat Transfer Operations Internship
1. Intern should be able to analyze steady and unsteady state conduction systems.
2. Must be able to analyze convective heat transfer Systems.
3. Being familiar with the analysis of Radiative Heat Transfer Systems.
4. Should be able to analyze Extended Surfaces, Evaporators and Agitated Vessels.
5. Basic design of DPHE and STHE should be known.
6. Should be able to calculate heat transfer rates by various modes of heat transfer, for various geometry of equipment and should get introduced to Unsteady Heat Transfer.
7. Intern should be able to design Double Pipe Heat Exchanger and also be able to do preliminary design of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger.
8. Must know how to apply basic principles of heat transfer for designing heat transfer systems.
9. Should be capable of modeling heat transport systems and develop predictive correlation.
10. Should be able to assess and evaluate various designs for heat transfers and optimize the solution.
11. Require basic knowledge about heat transfer and its processes used in Chemical Process Industries.
Heat Transfer Operations Internship Test
Intern has to take Heat Transfer Operations internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Heat Transfer Operations Machining topic.
1. The important design and operating considerations for Extended-Surface Compact Heat Exchangers are:
(1) Both fluids may have high or low heat transfer coefficients
(2) As the tubes are very narrow (low DH), the fluid used should not be corrosive as effective cleaning of tubes is not possible.
(3) The fluid pressure drop calculation is important as a regulatory method to ensure long life of the tubes.
(4) Unlike shell and tube type heat exchangers, these are limited when it comes to operating pressure and temperature.
(A) (1), (2), (3), (4)
(B) (1), (4)
(C) (2), (3), (4)
(D) (1), (2)
Explanation: For the design of Extended-Surface Compact Heat Exchangers, the given statements 2, 3, 4 are correct and important. Atleast one fluid should have low heat transfer coefficient and we should consider cleaner fluid to avoid clogging of narrow pipes.
2. Velocity profile in a pipe is independent of axial position whereas Temperature Profile is not.
Explanation: When a fluid flows through a pipe, the wall effect acts on it and eventually after some time the velocity profile gets fully developed, which is independent of axial position and depends only on radial position. Though this is not the case with Temperature profile in a fluid flowing through a constantly heated pipe, it depends on both axial and radial positions.
3. Which one of the following heat exchanger is best suited for high turbulent flow, is very compact and can handle foul liquids?
(A) Gasketed Heat Exchanger
(B) Brazed Plate type Heat Exchanger
(C) Platular Heat Exchanger
(D) Lamella Heat Exchanger
Explanation: Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger is one of the best designs of Heat Exchanger which can handle the high turbulent flow, which prevents scaling and fouling, is very compact and requires much less space than Gasketed type Heat Exchanger.
4. When gas is used as a fluid in a double pipe heat exchanger, which one of the following is not true?
(A) The gas side has a low heat transfer coefficient
(B) Extended fins are used on the gas side to increase the Heat Transfer coefficient
(C) The gas side heat transfer coefficient is the highest
(D) Fins increase necessary heat transfer area
Explanation: Fins are generally used to increase the Heat transfer Area when the heat transfer coefficient on that fluid side is comparatively low. Hence as gases usually have lower heat transfer coefficients, fins are kept on this side.
5. Which of the following statements are incorrect about Baffles in a Shell and Tube HE?
(A) Baffles provide mechanical support to the tubes and help them to be in position
(B) Baffles streamline the motion of the fluid in Shell side and hence decreases the turbulence
(C) The most common type of baffle is segmental baffles
(D) Baffles increase the overall heat transfer coefficient on the shell side
Explanation: One of the important tasks of a baffle is to increase the turbulence on the shell side so that forced convective effect successfully plays its role and increase the overall heat transfer coefficient. It also holds the tubes in their position as well to provide them with mechanical support.
Practice the full set of Heat Transfer Operations Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Heat Transfer Operations Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Heat Transfer Operations Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Heat Transfer Operations Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Heat Transfer Operations, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Heat Transfer Operations subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Heat Transfer Operations".
2. Heat Transfer Operations articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Heat Transfer Operations Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Heat Transfer Operations Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Heat Transfer Operations Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Heat Transfer Operations" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Heat Transfer Operations InternshipIf you are looking for "Heat Transfer Operations" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Heat Transfer Operations, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Heat Transfer Operations InternshipWho can apply for Heat Transfer Operations content writing internship?
Students who had studied Heat Transfer Operations in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Heat Transfer Operations.
What are the skill sets required for Heat Transfer Operations internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Heat Transfer Operations internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Heat Transfer Operations Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Heat Transfer Operations?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Heat Transfer Operations?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Heat Transfer Operations. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Heat Transfer Operations internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Heat Transfer Operations at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]