Pre-requisite / Skillset for Heat Transfer Internship
1. Intern should be capable of applying heat conduction equations to different surface configurations under steady state and transient conditions and solve problems.
2. Must know how to apply free and forced convective heat transfer correlations to internal and external flows through/over various surface configurations and solve problems.
3. Should be familiar with the phenomena of boiling and condensation, application of LMTD and NTU methods of thermal analysis to different types of heat exchanger configurations and solve problems.
4. Should be able to explain basic laws for radiation and apply these principles to radiative heat transfer between different types of surfaces to solve problems
5. Should be able to understand the design and performance analysis of heat exchangers and their practical applications, condensation and boiling phenomena.
6. Must be familiar with the mechanisms of heat transfer under steady and transient conditions.
7. Basic understanding on the concepts of heat transfer through extended surfaces is required.
8. Should be aware of the thermal analysis and sizing of heat exchangers and to understand the basic concepts of mass transfer.
9. Should understand the modes of heat transfer and apply the basic laws to formulate engineering systems.
10. Must know how to apply the basic laws of heat transfer to extended surface, composite material and unsteady state heat transfer problems.
11. Should be able to analyze heat conduction through numerical methods and apply the fundamental principle to solve radiation heat transfer problems.
12. Capability to analyze heat transfer due to free and forced convective heat transfer is required.
Heat Transfer Internship Test
Intern has to take Heat Transfer internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Heat Transfer topic.
1. Which of the following is an example of forced convection?
(A) Chilling effect of cold wind on a warm body
(B) Flow of water in condenser tubes
(C) Cooling of billets in the atmosphere
(D) Heat exchange on cold and warm pipes
Explanation: In forced convection, the flow of fluid is caused by a pump, fan or by atmospheric winds.
2. Most unsteady heat flow occurs
(A) Through the walls of the refrigerator
(B) During annealing of castings
(C) Through the walls of the furnace
(D) Through lagged pipe carrying steam
Explanation: Under steady state condition, with time there is a change in temperature i.e. temperature field is a function of space and time.
3. Which of the following is the unit of thermal resistance?
(B) hour degree
(C) s degree/kcal
Explanation: Thermal resistance is expressed in the unit’s hr degree/kcal, degree/W and s degree/J.
4. Choose the false statement
(A) For pure metal thermal conductivity is more
(B) Thermal conductivity decreases with increase in the density of the substance
(C) Thermal conductivity of dry material is lower than that of damp material
(D) Heat treatment causes variation in thermal conductivity
Explanation: Thermal conductivity increase with increase in the density of a substance.
5. The relation Ϫ2 t = 0 is referred to as
(A) Poisson’s equation
(B) Fourier heat conduction equation
(C) Solution for transient conduction
(D) Laplace equation
Explanation: In the absence of internal heat generation or release of energy within the body, equation reduces to Laplace equation.
Practice the full set of Heat Transfer Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Heat Transfer Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Heat Transfer Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Heat Transfer Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Heat Transfer, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Heat Transfer subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Heat Transfer".
2. Heat Transfer articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Heat Transfer Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Heat Transfer Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Heat Transfer Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Heat Transfer" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Heat Transfer InternshipIf you are looking for "Heat Transfer" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Heat Transfer, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Heat Transfer InternshipWho can apply for Heat Transfer content writing internship?
Students who had studied Heat Transfer in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Heat Transfer.
What are the skill sets required for Heat Transfer internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Heat Transfer internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Heat Transfer Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Heat Transfer?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Heat Transfer?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Heat Transfer. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Heat Transfer internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Heat Transfer at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]