Pre-requisite / Skillset for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
1. Intern should have an insight into the characterization of hazardous wastes and the role of different stakeholders under the national legal framework.
2. Ability to plan minimization of hazardous wastes.
3. Ability to design facilities for the storage, transport, processing and disposal of hazardous wastes.
4. Should be able to understand the type, nature and treatment of hazardous wastes.
5. Should be aware of impacts of mismanagement of solid waste.
6. Must know about the elements of solid waste management.
7. Design aspects of landfill should be known.
Hazardous Waste Management Internship Test
Intern has to take Hazardous Waste Management internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Hazardous Waste Management topic.
1. Hazard identification mainly focus on ______________
(A) Chemical source and concentration
(B) Chemical exposure
(C) Chemical analysis
(D) Chemical pathway
Explanation: The main aim of hazard identification is to identify chemical source, concentration and its movement in environment.
2. Why does the environmental pathways of chemicals has to be found in exposure assessment?
(A) To predict the source of discharge
(B) To estimate chemicals
(C) Chemical analysis
(D) To determine affected biota
Explanation: By determining the environmental pathway of chemicals, the probable source of discharge could be found and severity of the exposure can be minimized.
3. LD50 in a toxicity test stands for ______
(A) a dose that will kill 50% of an exposed population
(B) a dose that would not affect or harm 50% of an exposed population
(C) a dose that will kill 25% of an exposed population
(D) a dose that would not kill 25% of an exposed population
Explanation: The value of LD50 for a substance is the dose required to kill half the participant of a tested population after a specified test duration and it also depends on the rate of exposure.
4. ______ provides information important for interpreting the risk results.
(A) Risk estimation
(B) Risk description
(C) Risk analysis
(D) Risk output
Explanation: Risk description provides information important for interpreting the risk results and identifies a level for harmful effects on the plants and animals of concern.
5. Exposure effect is more in adults than that of children.
Explanation: The sensitivity rate is more in infants, elderly, pregnant women, and those with chronic illness.
Practice the full set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Hazardous Waste Management Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Hazardous Waste Management Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Hazardous Waste Management Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Hazardous Waste Management, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Hazardous Waste Management subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Hazardous Waste Management".
2. Hazardous Waste Management articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Hazardous Waste Management Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Hazardous Waste Management Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Hazardous Waste Management Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Hazardous Waste Management" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Hazardous Waste Management InternshipIf you are looking for "Hazardous Waste Management" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Hazardous Waste Management, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Hazardous Waste Management InternshipWho can apply for Hazardous Waste Management content writing internship?
Students who had studied Hazardous Waste Management in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Hazardous Waste Management.
What are the skill sets required for Hazardous Waste Management internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Hazardous Waste Management internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Hazardous Waste Management?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Hazardous Waste Management?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Hazardous Waste Management. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Hazardous Waste Management internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Hazardous Waste Management at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]