Pre-requisite / Skillset for Food Processing Unit Operations Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on the principles of separation methods used in the process industry.
2. Should be aware of different equipments developed for separation.
3. Must be aware of different methods of processing of different foods and their impact on the shelf life, quality and other physical and sensory characteristics of foods.
4. Should be familiar with the recent methods of minimal processing of foods, materials and types of packaging for foods.
5. Should be aware of various evaporation system used in food industry.
6. Should know about the mechanical separation process carried out in food industries.
7. Contact equilibrium separation processes related to food industry should be known.
8. Should be able to demonstrate the size reduction operation carried out in food industries.
9. Should be aware of crystallization process in food industries.
Food Processing Unit Operations Internship Test
Intern has to take Food Processing Unit Operations internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Food Processing Unit Operations topic.
1. Is mixing not considered as a unit operation?
Explanation: Mixing also called as blending is considered as a unit operation. A uniform mixture is obtained from two or more substances, by dispersing one within the other. Therefore it is a process which converts heterogeneous substances into homogenous substances.
2. Is Nusselt number considered as a dimensionless quantity?
Explanation: Nusselt number is considered as dimensionless quantity which is used in calculation of the heat transfer between a moving fluid and a solid body. It is defined as the ratio of convective to conductive heat transfer across a boundary.
3. What is the ratio of inertial force to compressibility force and is also the key parameter, characterizing compressibility effects in fluids?
(A) Froude number
(B) Strouhal number
(C) Mach number
(D) Weber number
Explanation: Mach number (M) is the ratio of inertial force to compressibility force and is used in problems where fluid compressibility is important. Strouhal number, on the other hand, is important in unsteady, oscillating flow problems. Froude number is the ratio of inertial force to gravitational force whereas, Weber number is the ratio of inertial force to surface tension.
4. Is heat and temperature same?
Explanation: Heat is the total energy of motion of molecules in a component and depends on speed and number of particles. Temperature is the measure of average energy of molecular motion in a component. It does not depend on the size or type of particle.
5. What are the properties to be considered for designing a unit operation equipment?
(A) Only Physical properties and mechanical properties
(B) Only Chemical properties and mechanical properties
(C) Only Physical properties and chemical properties
(D) Physical, chemical, mechanical properties
Explanation: Physical properties, chemical properties, mechanical properties and thermal properties are considered for designing unit operation equipment.
Practice the full set of Food Processing Unit Operations Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Food Processing Unit Operations Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Food Processing Unit Operations Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Food Processing Unit Operations Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Food Processing Unit Operations, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Food Processing Unit Operations subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Food Processing Unit Operations".
2. Food Processing Unit Operations articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Food Processing Unit Operations Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Food Processing Unit Operations Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Food Processing Unit Operations Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Food Processing Unit Operations" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Food Processing Unit Operations InternshipIf you are looking for "Food Processing Unit Operations" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Food Processing Unit Operations, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Food Processing Unit Operations InternshipWho can apply for Food Processing Unit Operations content writing internship?
Students who had studied Food Processing Unit Operations in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Food Processing Unit Operations.
What are the skill sets required for Food Processing Unit Operations internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Food Processing Unit Operations internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Food Processing Unit Operations Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Food Processing Unit Operations?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Food Processing Unit Operations?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Food Processing Unit Operations. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Food Processing Unit Operations internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Food Processing Unit Operations at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]