Pre-requisite / Skillset for Food Packaging Technology Internship
1. Intern should be capable of choosing a packaging material with suitable permeability value as required.
2. Able to perform the migration analysis for packaging materials.
3. Evaluate the shelf life of packaged food product.
4. Should be aware of filling system & suggest a suitable one on the basis of product need.
5. Should apply concepts of microbial inactivation for retort & aseptic packaging.
6. Must be acquainted with various permeation measurement techniques.
7. Should be familiar with overall & specific migration.
8. Being familiar with various shelf life models.
9. Should have adequate knowledge on filling systems for liquid & solid food products.
10. Require knowledge on retort & aseptic processes for microbial destruction in packaged foods.
11. Should be aware of different types of materials and media used for packaging foods.
12. Should be aware of hazards and toxicity associated with packaging materials and laws, regulations and the monitoring agencies involved food safety, labelling of foods
13. Methods of packaging, shelf life and food factors affecting packaging should be known.
14. Require knowledge in the area of packaging of foods and the related technology used.
Food Packaging Technology Internship Test
Intern has to take Food Packaging Technology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Food Packaging Technology topic.
1. When was edible packaging introduced?
Explanation: Edible packaging, also called Food wrapped in food, was introduced in 2012. WikiFoods in 2012 along with Stonyfield introduced this novelty to market.
2. When was the first pop top aluminium can produced?
Explanation: In 1959, also called “pull-tab”. Invented by Ermal Fraze. This eliminated the need for a separate opener tool by attaching an aluminium pull ring lever with a rivet to a scored wedge shaped tab section of can top.
3. Who is the inventor of PET bottles?
(A) Nicholas Appert
(B) Peter Durand
(C) Nathaniel Wyeth
(D) Bryan Donkin
Explanation: Pet bottle (also known as plastic soda bottle) was invented by Nathaniel Wyeth in 1973. PET is a kind of polyester, capable of holding carbonated beverages.
4. When was Nylon invented?
Explanation: Nylon, a synthetic polymer, was produced in 1935. Nylon was developed by a research team at DuPont, headed by an American chemist, Wallace H. Carothers. It was made by the chemical synthesis of adipic acid and hexamethylrnrdiamine mainly, by condensation polymerisation.
5. In which year was cellophane invented?
Explanation: Cellophane was first invented by Jacques E. Brandenberger, a Swiss textile engineer in 1908. It is a transparent film which is thin and quite stiff. It is a polymeric film made from regenerated cellulose.
Practice the full set of Food Packaging Technology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Food Packaging Technology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Food Packaging Technology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Food Packaging Technology Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Food Packaging Technology, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Food Packaging Technology subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Food Packaging Technology".
2. Food Packaging Technology articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Food Packaging Technology Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Food Packaging Technology Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Food Packaging Technology Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Food Packaging Technology" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Food Packaging Technology InternshipIf you are looking for "Food Packaging Technology" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Food Packaging Technology, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Food Packaging Technology InternshipWho can apply for Food Packaging Technology content writing internship?
Students who had studied Food Packaging Technology in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Food Packaging Technology.
What are the skill sets required for Food Packaging Technology internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Food Packaging Technology internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Food Packaging Technology Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Food Packaging Technology?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Food Packaging Technology?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Food Packaging Technology. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Food Packaging Technology internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Food Packaging Technology at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]