This set of Fluidization Engineering Questions and Answers for Freshers focuses on “Transportation and mixing of fine powder”.
1. What is the maximum range of inclination, in the Fuller Huron air slide conveyor?
a) 1-3 degrees
b) 3-6 degrees
c) 6-9 degrees
d) 9-12 degrees
Explanation: 3-6 degrees is the optimum range which is required for transportation.
Explanation: Fuller Air slide principle is used for transportation.
Explanation: Air is used for developing the fluidized condition inside the mixer.
4. From above fig, if the inlet and outlet of solids are interchanged how would it impact the process?
a) No effect on the process
b) Practically not possible
c) Will require pumps
d) Leads to entrainment of solids by increasing air flow rate
Explanation: Leads to loss of solid particles which is not desirable.
5. From above fig, if the solids inlet is interchanged with air inlet how would it impact the process?
a) Increases the load on the pumps
b) Difficulty for solids outlet
c) No proper mixing
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All the problems will be encountered if that’s the case.
6. What is the best way for reducing load on cyclone separators in the fluidized mixer for powdery material?
a) Using multiple cyclones
b) Increasing the gas flow rate
c) Increasing the solids mass rate
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Using of multiple cyclones will reduce load on them but at the same time its costly.
7. What is the latest technology being used for transportation of solid particles in cement industries?
a) Pneumatic fluidized transportation
b) Conveyor belts
Explanation: Because it is cheaper than other transportation means.
8. Among the following processes which provides the most economic means in cement industry?
a) Fluidization process
b) Mixing process with agitator
c) Batch Reactor
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: It helps in reduction of cost and power.
9. Transportation through fluidization using more power than any other process, true or false?
Explanation: Its the opposite, it uses least power.
10. What happens if the inclination is more than 3-6 degrees in the fuller Huron conveyor?
a) Difficulty in laying transportation lines
b) Faster transportation
c) Slows down the transportation
d) Has no effect
Explanation: Creates problem while laying transportation lines on a larger scale.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluidization Engineering.
To practice all areas of Fluidization Engineering for Freshers, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.