Pre-requisite / Skillset for Fluid Mechanics Internship
1. Intern must have basic knowledge on fluids in static, kinematic and dynamic equilibrium.
2. Adequate knowledge of the applicability of physical laws in addressing problems in hydraulics is required.
3. Must have knowledge on the basic properties of the fluid, fluid kinematics, fluid dynamics and to analyse and appreciate the complexities involved in solving the fluid flow problems.
4. Should be aware of properties of fluids and hydrostatics.
5. Capable of formulating and solving equations of the control volume for fluid flow systems.
6. Basic knowledge on dimensional analysis and similitude is required.
7. Should be able to calculate resistance to flow of incompressible fluids through closed conduits.
8. Must be able to solve field problems in flow measurement.
9. Should be able to select pumps and compressors for different applications.
10. Should be able to mathematically analyze simple flow situations.
11. Able to evaluate the performance of pumps and turbines.
12. Should have knowledge about the application of mass and momentum conservation laws for fluid flows.
13. The importance of dimensional analysis should be known.
14. Should know how to obtain the velocity and pressure variations in various types of simple flows.
15. Must analyze the flow in water pumps and turbines.
Fluid Mechanics Internship Test
Intern has to take Fluid Mechanics internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Fluid Mechanics topic.
1. The value of the surface tension of an ideal fluid is
(D) more than that of a real fluid
Explanation: Ideal fluids haze zero surface tension but real fluids have some finite value of surface tension.
2. The specific gravity of a liquid has
(A) the same unit as that of mass density
(B) the same unit as that of weight density
(C) the same unit as that of specific volume
(D) no unit
Explanation: The specific gravity of a liquid is the ratio of two similar quantities (densities) which makes it unitless.
3. An compressible fluid’s specific gravity was measured on earth, on a planet having acceleration due to gravity 5.5 times that of earth, and in space at STP. Where will it be having highest value?
(A) on the earth
(B) on the planet
(C) in the space
(D) it will be constant everywhere
Explanation: Specific gravity is characteristic property of fluid and is independent of external conditions.
4. Which of the following correctly states how the viscosities of a liquid and a gas will change with temperature?
(A) Viscosity increases with the increase in temperature of a liquid and decreases with the increase in temperature of a gas
(B) Viscosity increases with the increase in temperature of a liquid and increases with the increase in temperature of a gas
(C) Viscosity decreases with the increase in temperature of a liquid and decreases with the increase in temperature of a gas
(D) Viscosity decreases with the increase in temperature of a liquid and increases with the increase in temperature of a gas
Explanation: Viscosity of a liquid is due to the cohesion between it’s molecules. With the increase in temperature of a liquid, cohesion increases, leading to the rise in viscosity. Viscosity of a gas is due to the momentum transfer between it’s molecules. With the increase in the temperature of a liquid, molecular motion increases, leading to the fall in viscosity.
5. For a compressible fluid the kinematic viscosity is affected by temperature and pressure variation.
Explanation: Viscosity shows variation for change in temperature and pressure for compressible fluids. Hence, kinematic viscosity is affected by temperature and pressure variation.
Practice the full set of Fluid Mechanics Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Fluid Mechanics Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Fluid Mechanics Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Fluid Mechanics Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Fluid Mechanics, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Fluid Mechanics subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Fluid Mechanics".
2. Fluid Mechanics articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Fluid Mechanics Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Fluid Mechanics Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Fluid Mechanics Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Fluid Mechanics" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Fluid Mechanics InternshipIf you are looking for "Fluid Mechanics" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Fluid Mechanics, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Fluid Mechanics InternshipWho can apply for Fluid Mechanics content writing internship?
Students who had studied Fluid Mechanics in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Fluid Mechanics.
What are the skill sets required for Fluid Mechanics internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Fluid Mechanics internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Fluid Mechanics Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Fluid Mechanics?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Fluid Mechanics?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Fluid Mechanics. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Fluid Mechanics internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Fluid Mechanics at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]