Pre-requisite / Skillset for Enzyme Technology Internship
1. Intern must have skills in the area of Enzyme Engineering with emphasis on reactor operation and design.
2. Should know how Enzymes are created as functional bio-catalysts, analysed with respect to their efficiencies, their lability and ways to make them durable.
3. Should be able to monitor both in-vitro and in-vivo activity.
4. Must have insight into the functioning of Enzyme molecules (Biological Catalyst), their constructions, structure, interactions with other cellular molecules and the process of catalysis.
5. Should know how to use Enzyme molecules for making of difficult bio-molecules.
6. Should be able to understand Industrial uses and applications of Enzymes.
7. Should have knowledge on the classification of enzymes, immobilization, extraction and purification of enzymes and biosensors.
8. Intern should be familiar with the problems they could encounter and how to troubleshoot them.
9. Should be able to define enzymes and its catalytic action, mechanism & kinetics with few examples.
10. Should be aware of various techniques involved in the extraction and utilization of enzymes in biotransformation.
11. Must be aware of mechanism of enzyme action, purification of enzymes, catalytic action of enzymes, kinetics of enzyme catalyzed reactions.
Enzyme Technology Internship Test
Intern has to take Enzyme Technology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Enzyme Technology topic.
1. What kind of specificity does glucose oxidase exhibit?
(A) Absolute specificity
(B) Group specificity
Explanation: Glucose oxidase oxidizes only one substrate i.e., glucose. When a particular enzyme is exhibiting specificity to only one substrate, it’s referred to as absolute specificity. Stereospecificity is exhibited by stereoisomers whereas group specificity means enzyme specificity to a group of substrates. Enzymes have the capacity of discriminating between parts of the same molecule. This kind of specificity is called regiospecificity.
2. Histidase: Lyases :: Chymosin: ___________
Explanation: Histidase is an example for lyase class of enzymes which are involved in elimination reactions. In similar way chymosin is an example for hydrolases which are involved in hydrolysis of the substrate. Chymosin is also called as renin. Examples of ligases, isomerases and transferases are glutathione synthetase, glucose isomerase and aspartate aminotransferase respectively.
3. Which class of enzymes contain relatively small group of enzymes?
(C) Glutathione synthetase
(D) D-xylose ketol-isomerase
Explanation: Ligases are the class of enzymes that contain small group enzymes as compared to oxidoreductases which contain extensive group of enzymes. Ligases are used in ligating two molecules coupled to breakdown of ATP or NTPs. Glutathione synthetase is an example of ligases and D-xylose ketol-isomerase is an example for isomerase class of enzymes. It’s commonly called glucose isomerase.
4. For every, 1000 fold increase in pressure, the Km is _____________
(A) reduced to half
(C) reduced to zero
(D) increased by 10 folds
Explanation: The enzyme catalyzed reaction which involves dissolved gases is influenced by solubility of gases, difference in molar volumes between reactants and products and volume changes occurring during binding and catalysis. In some reactions, the volume may get reduced to 50 ml/mol due to conformational changes and changes in hydration. This in turn leads to doubling of Kcat and halving of Km. In this way, changes in pressure also affects the enzyme catalyzed reaction.
5. Inhibition of invertase by sucrose falls into which category of inhibition?
(A) Substrate inhibition
(B) Non-competitive inhibition
(C) Product inhibition
(D) Competitive inhibition
Explanation: Invertase inhibition by sucrose is kind of substrate inhibition. It is a special case of uncompetitive inhibition which occurs at high substrate concentrations. Product inhibition is case of competitive inhibition wherein the substrate and the inhibitor have structural similarity. Competitive inhibition is one wherein the substrate and the inhibitor compete for the active site of the enzyme. Non-competitive inhibition occurs when the inhibitor binds at the site away from the binding site, causing a reduction in catalytic activity.
Practice the full set of Enzyme Technology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Enzyme Technology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Enzyme Technology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Enzyme Technology Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Enzyme Technology, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Enzyme Technology subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Enzyme Technology".
2. Enzyme Technology articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Enzyme Technology Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Enzyme Technology Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Enzyme Technology Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Enzyme Technology" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Enzyme Technology InternshipIf you are looking for "Enzyme Technology" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Enzyme Technology, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Enzyme Technology InternshipWho can apply for Enzyme Technology content writing internship?
Students who had studied Enzyme Technology in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Enzyme Technology.
What are the skill sets required for Enzyme Technology internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Enzyme Technology internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Enzyme Technology Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Enzyme Technology?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Enzyme Technology?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Enzyme Technology. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Enzyme Technology internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Enzyme Technology at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]