This set of Environmental Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Air Pollutants”.
1. Which gas is mainly produced due to incomplete burning of wood?
Explanation: CO is the colorless, odorless, toxic gas produced due to incomplete burning of wood.
2. Which of the following is involved in production of carboxy haemoglobin?
Explanation: CO + Blood ——> Carboxy haemoglobin (Pink color).
3. Which of the following is a liquid form of aerosol?
Explanation: Mist is a liquid form of aerosol whereas, Fume, Dust and Smoke are a solid form of aerosol.
4. X ray films are a source of which of the following gas?
Explanation: NO2 is produced from X ray film. It causes irritation to eyes and cause respiratory disease.
5. The maximum size of fly ash is ___________
Explanation: Fly ash is a finely divided particle produced from the combustion of coal. Its maximum size is 1000μm.
6. Which of the following leads to a disease called broncho spasm?
Explanation: SO3 reacts with body fluids forming H2SO4 leading to Broncho spasm.
7. The minimum size of the smoke particle is ___________
Explanation: Smoke is produced due to incomplete combustion of coal. Its size lies between 0.5μm to 1μm.
8. Which of the following is a secondary air pollutant?
Explanation: Peroxy Acetyl Nitrate is a secondary air pollutant whereas, Suspended Particulate Matter, SO2 and NO2 are primary air pollutants.
9. The permissible concentration of PM 10 in the air is ___________
Explanation: The permissible concentration of PM 10 in air is 60μg/m3 whereas of PM 2.5 is 40μg/m3.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Environmental Engineering.
To practice all areas of Environmental Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!