This set of Environmental Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Air Pollutants”.
1. Which gas is mainly produced due to incomplete burning of wood?
Explanation: CO is the colorless, odorless, toxic gas produced due to incomplete burning of wood.
2. Which of the following is involved in production of carboxy haemoglobin?
Explanation: CO + Blood ——> Carboxy haemoglobin (Pink color).
3. Which of the following is a liquid form of aerosol?
Explanation: Mist is a liquid form of aerosol whereas, Fume, Dust and Smoke are a solid form of aerosol.
4. X ray films are a source of which of the following gas?
Explanation: NO2 is produced from X ray film. It causes irritation to eyes and cause respiratory disease.
5. The maximum size of fly ash is
Explanation: Fly ash is a finely divided particle produced from the combustion of coal. Its maximum size is 1000μm.
6. Which of the following leads to a disease called broncho spasm?
Explanation: SO3 reacts with body fluids forming H2SO4 leading to Broncho spasm.
7. The minimum size of smoke particle is
Explanation: Smoke is produced due to incomplete combustion of coal. Its size lies between 0.5μm to 1μm.
8. Which of the following is a secondary air pollutant?
Explanation: Peroxy Acetyl Nitrate is a secondary air pollutant whereas, Suspended Particulate Matter, SO2 and NO2 are primary air pollutants.
9. The permissible concentration of PM 10 in the air is
Explanation: The permissible concentration of PM 10 in air is 60μg/m3 whereas of PM 2.5 is 40μg/m3.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Environmental Engineering.
To practice all areas of Environmental Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.