Pre-requisite / Skillset for Engineering Metrology Internship
1. Intern should have knowledge on the concept of metrology and standards of measurement.
2. Should be equipped with knowledge of limits, fits, tolerances and gauging.
3. Require knowledge on linear and angular measurements, screw thread and gear measurement & comparators.
4. Should have the knowledge of measurement systems and methods with emphasis on different transducers, intermediate modifying and terminating devices.
5. Should be familiar with the measurement of Force, Torque, Pressure, Temperature and Strain.
6. Must be able to demonstrate different measurement technologies and use of them in industrial components.
7. Intern should have the knowledge of basic concepts in various methods of engineering measurement techniques and applications, understanding the importance of measurement and inspection in manufacturing industries.
8. Should be familiar with the various modern metrological instruments and the procedure used to operate these instruments.
Engineering Metrology Internship Test
Intern has to take Engineering Metrology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Engineering Metrology topic.
1. What is the minimum total depth in high precision surface plates for 300 mm dia (nominal size)?
Explanation: Minimum total depth for 250, 300, 350 mm dia is 70, 80, 90 mm respectively.
2. Which of the following option is correct about given statements?
S1: Clamping pallets allows easy fixing of workpieces.
S2: In annealing furnace, angle plates are heating up to 10 degree Celsius.
S3: Straight edges can be used for checking the straightness of the parts.
(A) T, T, F
(B) F, T, F
(C) F, F, T
(D) T, F, T
Explanation: In heat treatment operation, angle plates are placed in annealing furnaces where it is heated up to 55oC (approx.). It should be maintained at this temperature for about 3 hours or more which depends upon the mass of casting.
3. Which of the following is incorrect about V blocks?
(A) Cylindrical piece should be placed on the vee sides
(B) Cylindrical piece should be placed on the edges of the vees
(C) V-Blocks generally sold in pairs
(D) V-blocks can support square, round and rectangular pieces
Explanation: Cylindrical pieces should not be placed on the edges; it should be on the vee sides otherwise there is an inaccuracy in marking centres. V-blocks are mostly used to hold cylindrical work pieces but it can also support square and rectangular pieces.
4. Which option is correct for given statements about out of roundness of V blocks?
Statement 1: Shafts can be out-of-roundness due to improper centre alignment.
Statement 2: Adjustable V-Blocks can be used to show out-of-roundness.
(A) T, T
(B) T, F
(C) F, T
(D) F, F
Explanation: Many factors affects the roundness of shafts like angle of centres, alignment of centres, centre holes, run-out of piece etc. Adjustable V-Blocks can be used to measure correct roundness.
5. Which of the following is true for spirit level?
(A) The tube is completely filled with the liquid
(B) The Liquid almost fills the tube
(C) One-fourth part of the tube is filled with liquid
(D) One-tenth part of the tube is filled with liquid
Explanation: The glass tube of spirit level is almost filled by liquid, there is a bubble at the highest position of the tube. The movement of the bubble along the tube radius depends upon the angle of tilt.
Practice the full set of Engineering Metrology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Engineering Metrology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Engineering Metrology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Engineering Metrology Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Engineering Metrology, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Engineering Metrology subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Engineering Metrology".
2. Engineering Metrology articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Engineering Metrology Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Engineering Metrology Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Engineering Metrology Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Engineering Metrology" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Engineering Metrology InternshipIf you are looking for "Engineering Metrology" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Engineering Metrology, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Engineering Metrology InternshipWho can apply for Engineering Metrology content writing internship?
Students who had studied Engineering Metrology in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Engineering Metrology.
What are the skill sets required for Engineering Metrology internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Engineering Metrology internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Engineering Metrology Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Engineering Metrology?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Engineering Metrology?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Engineering Metrology. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Engineering Metrology internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Engineering Metrology at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]