Pre-requisite / Skillset for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Internship
1. Intern should be able to explain alloys and phase diagram, Iron-Iron carbide diagram and steel classification.
2. Should have knowledge on isothermal transformation, continuous cooling diagrams and different heat treatment processes.
3. Must be familiar with the mechanism of plastic deformation and testing mechanical properties.
4. Should be capable of clarifying the effect of alloying elements on ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
5. Should be able to differentiate different non-metallic materials.
6. Require knowledge on the structure, properties, treatment, testing and applications of metals and non-metallic materials so as to identify and select suitable materials for various engineering applications.
7. Should know how to apply the concepts of adhesion.
8. The science and technology of additives, paints and lubricants, and the recent developments in nano technology towards engineering applications of adhesives, paints and lubricants should be known.
9. Being familiar with the materials for adhesive applications.
10. Knowledge on Paints and Lubricants is required.
11. Adequate knowledge on recent developments in nano technology assisted adhesive, paints, and lubricant industries.
12. Understanding the growth in the use of adhesives, especially in technically demanding applications.
Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Internship Test
Intern has to take Engineering Materials internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Engineering Materials topic.
1. Deformation that occurs due to stress over a period of time is known as ____________
(A) Wear resistance
Explanation: Creep is the time-dependent deformation of the material under stress. Wear resistance, fatigue, and fracture deal with deformation under stress without a time factor, i.e. they are time-independent.
2. The temperature at which plastics begin to become softer and defer under a load is known as _________
(A) Softening point
(B) Melting point
(C) Eutectic point
(D) Heat distortion point
Explanation: Heat distortion point is the temperature at which plastics begin to become softer and defer under a load. The softening point is the temperature at which a flat-ended needle of 1 mm2 penetrates the test same at 1 mm2 depth. Eutectic point the temperature at which a mixture freezes or melts. The melting point is the temperature at which the state of the body changes from solid to liquid.
3. What is the nature of the coefficient of resistance of an insulator?
Explanation: The coefficient of resistance of an insulator and a semiconductor material is generally negative. It is usually positive for pure metals. Zero coefficient values can be obtained by alloying with a specific type of metals.
4. Which property helps a material to absorb lubricants?
Explanation: Porosity is that property of a material which helps it to absorb lubricants, while density is the measure of the weight of unit volume. The solderability is the ease with which a soldered joint can be prepared. Absorptivity is an optical property of materials.
5. What are the advantages of plain carbon steels over alloy steels?
(A) Inexpensive but hard to handle
(B) Expensive but easy to handle
(C) Inexpensive and easy to handle
(D) There are no advantages of plain carbon steels
Explanation: Carbon steels are made of compositions having a limited quantity of elements. Due to factors such as common elements, limited quantities, and low strength, carbon steels are much cheaper than alloying steels.
Practice the full set of Engineering Materials Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Engineering Materials Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Engineering Materials Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Engineering Materials and Metallurgy subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Engineering Materials and Metallurgy".
2. Engineering Materials and Metallurgy articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Engineering Materials and Metallurgy" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy InternshipIf you are looking for "Engineering Materials and Metallurgy" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Engineering Materials and Metallurgy, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Engineering Materials and Metallurgy InternshipWho can apply for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy content writing internship?
Students who had studied Engineering Materials and Metallurgy in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Engineering Materials and Metallurgy.
What are the skill sets required for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Engineering Materials and Metallurgy?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Engineering Materials and Metallurgy?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Engineering Materials and Metallurgy. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Engineering Materials and Metallurgy internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Engineering Materials and Metallurgy at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]