Pre-requisite / Skillset for Engineering Geology Internship
1. Intern should be capable of applying geological knowledge in different civil engineering practice.
2. Require knowledge on durability and competence of foundation rocks and confident enough to use the best building materials.
3. Intern must be able to solve various issues related to ground water exploration, build up dams, bridges, tunnels which are often confronted with ground water problems.
4. Intelligent enough to apply GIS, GPS and remote sensing as a latest tool in different construction.
5. Must inculcate the importance of earth’s interior and application of Geology.
6. Should create awareness regarding the use of rocks as building materials.
7. Should be capable of providing knowledge on dynamic Geology and its importance in modifying the physical character of rocks which cause rocks suitable or unsuitable in different civil engineering projects such as dams, bridges, tunnels and highways.
8. Should have the ability to educate the ground water management regarding diversified geological formations, climatologically dissimilarity which are prevailed in the country.
9. Must be familiar with the concept of rain water harvesting.
10. Should be familiar with the application of remote Sensing and GIS, natural disaster and management and environmental awareness.
Engineering Geology Internship Test
Intern has to take Engineering Geology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Engineering Geology topic.
1. The area not considered under the crust is ____________
(A) Mountainous area
(B) Continental area
(C) Oceanic area
(D) Glacial area
Explanation: The first the options, Mountainous, Continental and Oceanic areas are studied separately whereas Glacial area is not considered under study of the crust as such.
2. The layer which is believed to be the source of volcanic activity is ________
(A) Inner core
(B) Outer core
(D) Mohorovicic layer
Explanation: The asthenosphere is believed to be the source of much volcanic activity and many other processes. It is said be to located completely in the upper mantle.
3. Scree deposits can occur in hilly regions only.
Explanation: The above statement is true because, for scree deposits to be formed, the rock fragments have to heave up and also roll down the slope under the influence of gravity.
4. Formation of colloids is sometimes the end product of weathering.
Explanation: The various process of chemical weathering operating on the rocks and minerals under different atmospheric conditions may not always end up in the formation of stable end products. Often they result in splitting of particles into smaller particles –the colloids- characterized by atoms with only partial satisfied electrical charges.
5. Treating the sands locally with crude oil is not a method of combating the advancing sands.
Explanation: Treating the sands locally with crude oil whereby their susceptibility for transport by wind is considerably reduced. It is one of the effective methods to combat advancing sands.
Practice the full set of Engineering Geology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Engineering Geology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Engineering Geology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Engineering Geology Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Engineering Geology, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Engineering Geology subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Engineering Geology".
2. Engineering Geology articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Engineering Geology Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Engineering Geology Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Engineering Geology Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Engineering Geology" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Engineering Geology InternshipIf you are looking for "Engineering Geology" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Engineering Geology, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Engineering Geology InternshipWho can apply for Engineering Geology content writing internship?
Students who had studied Engineering Geology in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Engineering Geology.
What are the skill sets required for Engineering Geology internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Engineering Geology internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Engineering Geology Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Engineering Geology?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Engineering Geology?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Engineering Geology. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Engineering Geology internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Engineering Geology at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]