Pre-requisite / Skillset for Engineering Drawing Internship
1. Intern must have the ability to apply the basic principles of projections in 2D drawings.
2. Able to apply the basic principles of projections in converting 3D view to 2D drawing.
3. Able to read a given drawing.
4. Capable of visualizing an object from the given two views.
5. Able to use CAD tool to draw different views of a 3D object.
6. Able to use CAD tool to draw an object in 3D.
7. Intern should have proper understanding of concepts like the theory of projection.
8. Should be aware of basic utility of computer aided drafting (CAD) tool.
Engineering Drawing Internship Test
Intern has to take Engineering Drawing internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Engineering Drawing topic.
1. The Grade becomes ______ according to the figure placed in front of the letter B, 2B, 3B, 4B etc.
Explanation: The increase in hardness is shown by the value of the figure put in front of the letter H, 2H, 3H, and 4H etc. Similarly, the grade becomes softer according to the figure placed in front of the letter B, 2B, 3B, and 4B etc.
2. Which of the following grades of leads is the hardest?
Explanation: 6H is the hardest grade of lead. The softest grade is 6B. HB is the medium soft grade. Generally, for educational purposes, 2HB pencils are used to make drawings. B is soft and H is medium hard. As the prefix number increases, the softness increases in B and the hardness increases in case of H.
3. Arrange the statements. Given statements refers to free-hand sketching of a circle.
i) Add four radial lines between them.
ii) Make the center and through it, draw horizontal and vertical center lines.
iii) The paper may be revolved after about each quarter-circle for easy wrist motion while drawing.
iv) Mark points on these lines at radius distance from the center.
(A) ii), i), iv) and iii)
(B) ii), iii), iv) and i)
(C) iv), iii), i) and ii)
(D) ii), iv), i) and iii)
Explanation: For drawing, circle center should be the primary thing. Make the circle and through it draw horizontal and vertical center lines. Later we add four radial lines between them and then the paper maybe revolved for easy wrist motion to enable drawing.
4. Short-break lines are drawn freehand while long-break lines are ruled lines.
Explanation: Short-break lines are continuous, thin and wavy. They are drawn with freehand and are used to show a short-break or irregular boundaries. Long-break lines are thin ruled lines with short zigzags within them.
5. What is the difference between the section line and the centre line?
(A) The length of the long dashes
(B) The length of short dashes
(C) The width of the gap
(D) The two ends of the lines
Explanation: The ends of a section line are thickened so as to distinguish it from the centre line. The rest of the section line has the same thickness and dimensions as that of the centre line. The thickening of the ends in the section line is also used to denote the direction of viewing.
Practice the full set of Engineering Drawing Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Engineering Drawing Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Engineering Drawing Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Engineering Drawing Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Engineering Drawing, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Engineering Drawing subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Engineering Drawing".
2. Engineering Drawing articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Engineering Drawing Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Engineering Drawing Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Engineering Drawing Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Engineering Drawing" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Engineering Drawing InternshipIf you are looking for "Engineering Drawing" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Engineering Drawing, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Engineering Drawing InternshipWho can apply for Engineering Drawing content writing internship?
Students who had studied Engineering Drawing in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Engineering Drawing.
What are the skill sets required for Engineering Drawing internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Engineering Drawing internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Engineering Drawing Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Engineering Drawing?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Engineering Drawing?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Engineering Drawing. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Engineering Drawing internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Engineering Drawing at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]