This set of Energy & Environment Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “International Environmental Centers”.
1. When did the Environmental Assessment Institute which is the independent body under the Danish Ministry of the Environment established?
Explanation: The Environmental Assessment Institute was an independent body under the Danish Ministry of the Environment. It was established in February 2002 by the Danish Government with the task of making environmental analyses.
2. Which institute in Sweden has the motto as “Bridging Science and Policy”?
a) Stockholm Environmental Institute
b) Yale Environmental Institute
c) Uppsala Environmental Institute
d) Lund Environmental Institute
Explanation: Stockholm Environmental Institute (SEI) was formed in 1989. Its headquarters is in Stockholm in Sweden. The motto of Stockholm Environmental Institute is “Bridging Science and Policy”. The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency is the main donor of SEI.
3. In how many countries Stockholm Environmental Institute operates?
Explanation: Stockholm Environmental Institute was an initiative of the Government of Sweden. SEI operates in seven countries they are Sweden, United Kingdom, United States, Estonia, Thailand, Colombia and Kenya.
4. Who many National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) research laboratories are there?
Explanation: There are seven NOAA research laboratories are there, they are Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory, Air Resource Laboratory, Earth System Research Laboratory, Geophysical Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, National Severe Storms Laboratory and Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory.
5. Who founded Yale School of Forestry and Environmental studies?
a) Jorge Kindly
b) Gifford Pinchot
c) James Harry
d) Peter Mark
Explanation: Yale School of Forestry and Environmental studies was founded by Gifford Pinchot in 1900. He was the first Chief of the United States Forest Service. The School’s graduates have provided ongoing leadership in environment.
6. State true or false. Only ten environmental research institutes are there in the world?
Explanation: There are more than ten environmental research institutes are there in the world. These environmental research organizations undertake research on the sustainable management of resources which includes water, biodiversity and energy.
7. With respect to the World Environmental Center which one of the following option is correct?
a) It is a non-profit and advocacy organization
b) It is a profit and advocacy organization
c) It is a non-profit and non-advocacy organization
d) It is a profit and non-advocacy organization
Explanation: World Environmental Center is a global non-profit and non-advocacy organization that advances sustainable development through the business practices of member companies and in partnership with governments.
8. State true or false. Making people aware of family planning is one of the solutions to overpopulation.
Explanation: Raising awareness among people regarding family planning and letting them know about the after effects of overpopulation can help to reduce the population growth. Provide knowledge about various safe sex techniques will reduce the population growth.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Energy & Environment Management.
To practice all areas of Energy & Environment Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.