Pre-requisite / Skillset for Energy and Environment Management Internship
1. Intern should be aware of environment and its ecosystems.
2. Require knowledge on types of pollution and the method of controlling the pollution.
3. Knowledge on planning and methods of preserving the natural resources is required.
4. Should be aware of health and the effect of environment on the health of humans.
5. Methods of disposal of different kind of wastes should be known.
6. Require knowledge about the importance of keeping the environment, ecosystems without any kind of pollution and effective use of natural resources.
7. Basic knowledge on the steam power plant and boilers for marine engineering required.
8. Should be familiar with designs to explore the energy conversion techniques.
9. Should be aware of concepts of accessories and problem associated with energy conversion .
10. Concepts of use of solar, wind, tidal energy applications should be known.
Energy and Environment Management Internship Test
Intern has to take Energy Management internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Energy Management topic.
1. Which Indian enterprise has the Motto “ENERGY FOREVER”?
(A) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
(B) Indian Non-Renewable Energy Development
(C) Indian Agricultural Development
(D) Indian Biotechnology Development
Explanation: Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency established in 1987 as Non-Banking Financial Institution. It is engaged in promoting, developing and extending financial assistance for setting up projects which are relating to new and renewable sources of energy.
2. How many Nuclear power stations are there in India?
Explanation: There are 7 nuclear power stations are here in India they are, 1) Tarapur having total capacity of 1400 MW, 2) Rawatbhata having total capacity of 1180 MW, 3) Kudankulam having total capacity of 2000MW, 4) Kaiga having total capacity of 880 MW, 5) Kakrapar having total capacity of 440 MW, 6) Kalpakkam having total capacity of 440 MW, 7) Narora having total capacity of 440 MW.
3. Kudremukh hills which is known for iron ore deposit is situated in ____________
(D) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Kudremukh which is known as an iron ore mining town is located in Chikkamagaluru district in Karnataka state. The government runs an iron ore company known as Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd(KIOCL).
4. India’s total primary energy consumption is ____________
(A) 24.3 BTU
(B) 19.01 BTU
(C) 120 BTU
(D) 30.1 BTU
Explanation: According to 2014 estimation India’s total primary energy consumption is 24.3 BTU, China consumes 120 BTU, Japan consumes 19.01 BTU, Russia consumes 30.1 BTU. India’s energy consumption is increasing exponentially due to the large population of the country.
5. Which type of farming cause more amount of deforestation?
(A) Subsistence farming
(B) Commercial farming
(C) Mixed farming
(D) Dairy farming
Explanation: According to the United Nations Framework Convention on climate change, the direct cause of deforestation is agriculture. In agriculture, Subsistence farming is responsible for 48% of deforestation and commercial farming is responsible for 32%.
Practice the full set of Energy Management Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Energy Management Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Energy Management Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Energy and Environment Management Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Energy and Environment Management, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Energy and Environment Management subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Energy and Environment Management".
2. Energy and Environment Management articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Energy and Environment Management Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Energy and Environment Management Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Energy and Environment Management Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Energy and Environment Management" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Energy and Environment Management InternshipIf you are looking for "Energy and Environment Management" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Energy and Environment Management, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Energy and Environment Management InternshipWho can apply for Energy and Environment Management content writing internship?
Students who had studied Energy and Environment Management in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Energy and Environment Management.
What are the skill sets required for Energy and Environment Management internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Energy and Environment Management internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Energy and Environment Management Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Energy and Environment Management?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Energy and Environment Management?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Energy and Environment Management. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Energy and Environment Management internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Energy and Environment Management at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]