Pre-requisite / Skillset for Embedded System Internship
1. Intern should have the capability of comparing various embedded processors.
2. Require knowledge on designing and deploying timers and interrupts.
3. Ability to write embedded C programs.
4. Knowledge on designing simple embedded applications is required.
5. Should be able to describe the architectural features and instructions of ARM microcontroller.
6. Ability to apply the knowledge gained for Programming ARM for different applications.
7. Require knowledge on interfacing external devices and I/O with ARM microcontroller.
8. Should have the ability to interpret the basic hardware components and their selection method based on the characteristics and attributes of an embedded system.
9. Must be able to develop the hardware/software co-design and firmware design approaches.
10. Intern should have the ability to demonstrate the need of real time operating system for embedded system applications.
11. Must be capable of understanding the fundamentals of ARM based systems, basic hardware components, selection methods and attributes of an embedded system.
12. Should be able to program ARM controller using the various instructions.
13. Identifying the applicability of the embedded system.
14. Comprehending the real time operating system used for the embedded system.
Embedded System Internship Test
Intern has to take Embedded System internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Embedded System topic.
1. VME bus stands for
(A) Versa module Europa bus
(B) Versa module embedded bus
(C) Vertical module embedded bus
(D) Vertical module Europa bus
Explanation: A computer bus standard in Eurocard sizes mainly developed for Motorola MC6800 family and later on used in many applications and approved by IEEE.
2. Which of the following are external pins whose logic state can be controlled by the processor to either be a logic zero or logic one is known as
(A) Analogue value
(B) Display values
(C) Binary values
(D) Time derived digital outputs
Explanation: Binary values possess logic zeros and logic ones.
3. Which one of the following is an asynchronous communication channel?
Explanation: MOO, MUDs, and VOIP are apps for the online conference which is synchronous but SPI is an asynchronous communication channel.
4. What does m1 signal in Z80 describes?
(A) I/O operation status
(B) Memory refresh output
(C) Output pulse on instruction fetch cycle
(D) Interrupt request input
Explanation: It is a signal which describes output pulse on the instruction fetch cycle. Interrupt request input, input/output operation status, memory refresh output are the other signals in Z80 for various operations.
5. What supports multitasking in 80386?
(A) Read mode
(B) External paging memory management unit
(C) Paging and segmentation
(D) On-chip paging memory management unit
Explanation: Because of the efficient paging mechanism of 80386 in the memory management unit, it supports multitasking which means different tasks can be done at a time, a kind of parallel execution.
Practice the full set of Embedded System Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Embedded System Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Embedded System Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Embedded System Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Embedded System, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Embedded System subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Embedded System".
2. Embedded System articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Embedded System Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Embedded System Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Embedded System Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Embedded System" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Embedded System InternshipIf you are looking for "Embedded System" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Embedded System, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Embedded System InternshipWho can apply for Embedded System content writing internship?
Students who had studied Embedded System in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Embedded System.
What are the skill sets required for Embedded System internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Embedded System internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Embedded System Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Embedded System?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Embedded System?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Embedded System. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Embedded System internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Embedded System at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]