This set of Electronic Devices and Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The Hall Effect”.
The above statement is
Explanation: To make Lorentz force into the effect, the electric field and magnetic field should be perpendicular to each other.
2. Which of the following parameters can’t be found with Hall Effect?
c) Carrier concentration
d) Area of the device
Explanation: The Hall Effect is used for finding the whether the semiconductor is of n-type or p-type, mobility, conductivity and the carrier concentration.
3. In the Hall Effect, the electric field is in x direction and the velocity is in y direction. What is the direction of the magnetic field?
d) XY plane
Explanation: The Hall Effect satisfies the Lorentz’s Force which is
So, the direction of the velocity, electric field and magnetic field should be perpendicular to each other.
4. What is the velocity when the electric field is 5V/m and the magnetic field is 5A/m?
6. Which of the following formulae doesn’t account for correct expression for J?
So, option d is correct option.
7. Calculate the Hall voltage when B=5A/m, I=2A, w=5cm and n=1020.
8. Calculate the Hall Effect coefficient when number of electrons in a semiconductor is 1020.
a) 100 S/m
b) 10 S/m
d) 0.01 S/m
10. In Hall Effect, the electric field applied is perpendicular to both current and magnetic field?
Explanation: In Hall Effect, the electric field is perpendicular to both current and magnetic field so that the force due to magnetic field can be balanced by the electric field or vice versa.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Electronic Devices and Circuits.
To practice all areas of Electronic Devices and Circuits, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.