Pre-requisite / Skillset for Electrical Measurements Internship
1. Intern should possess the ability to measure current and voltage.
2. Ability to understand AC and DC measurements.
3. Must be able to measure power and calibration of energy meters.
4. Should have the ability to measure current and voltage using potentiometric method.
5. Ability to understand the resistance measurement.
6. Ability to use bridge circuit to measure resistance, inductance and capacitance.
7. Should be able to introduce the meters used to measure current & voltage.
8. Should have adequate knowledge on measurement techniques for power and energy meters.
9. Should be capable of providing explanation about potentiometer & instrument transformers.
10. Must have the ability to provide detailed study of resistance measuring methods.
11. Must be familiar with inductance and capacitance measurement.
12. Adequate knowledge on measure resistance, inductance and capacitance using bridges and determine earth resistance.
13. Must be capable of explaining the working of various meters used for measurement of Power, Energy & understanding the adjustments, calibration & errors in energy meters.
14. Understanding methods of extending the range of instruments & instrument transformers.
15. Being familiar with the working of different electronic instruments.
16. Explaining the working of different display and recording devices.
Electrical Measurements Internship Test
Intern has to take Electrical Measurements internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Electrical Measurements topic.
1. What is used to characterize single port devices, multiport devices, etc?
(A) current values
(B) impedance values
(C) voltage values
(D) power values
Explanation: Impedance values are used to characterize one port devices, networks, multiport devices and other systems.
2. Balance condition can be obtained by _________
(A) varying the standard resistance R3
(B) varying the resistance arms R1 and R2
(C) keeping the unknown resistance R4 constant
(D) by making use of a null detector
Explanation: The balance condition in a Wheatstone bridge can be obtained by varying the resistances R1 and R2. Null detector is used for determining balance condition.
3. Amount of deflection of the galvanometer depends on _________
(A) resistance of the ratio arms
(C) current flowing through the bridge
(D) emf across the circuit
Explanation: The amount of deflection of the galvanometer depends upon its sensitivity. Resistance of the ratio arms does not affect the amount of deflection of the galvanometer.
4. Thermal emf can be prevented by _________
(A) using more sensitive galvanometers
(B) using similar metals
(C) by separating the dissimilar metals
(D) reducing the supply emf
Explanation: Thermal emf can be eliminated by making use of sensitive galvanometers consisting of copper coils and copper suspension systems. Dissimilar metals can’t be physically separated.
5. Thermal compensation can be provided in a Wheatstone bridge by ________
(A) using more than one resistive sensor
(B) making use of a heat sink
(C) using cooling fans
(D) immersing the circuit into a liquid
Explanation: By making use of more than one resistive sensor within the four arms of a Wheatstone bridge we get a full bridge, half bridge or a quarter bridge setup with an automatic balancing effect.
Practice the full set of Electrical Measurements Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Electrical Measurements Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Electrical Measurements Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Electrical Measurements Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Electrical Measurements, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Electrical Measurements subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Electrical Measurements".
2. Electrical Measurements articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Electrical Measurements Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Electrical Measurements Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Electrical Measurements Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Electrical Measurements" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Electrical Measurements InternshipIf you are looking for "Electrical Measurements" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Electrical Measurements, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Electrical Measurements InternshipWho can apply for Electrical Measurements content writing internship?
Students who had studied Electrical Measurements in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Electrical Measurements.
What are the skill sets required for Electrical Measurements internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Electrical Measurements internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Electrical Measurements Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Electrical Measurements?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Electrical Measurements?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Electrical Measurements. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Electrical Measurements internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Electrical Measurements at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]