Pre-requisite / Skillset for Electrical Machines Internship
1. Intern should possess the ability to solve problems associated with DC and AC Machines.
2. The ability to test and control different machines based on the familiarity of basic concepts and working principle is required.
3. Intern should have the ability to choose appropriate machines for a given application while carrying out projects.
4. Ability to apply the knowledge gained to choose appropriate machines for specific application useful for the society is required.
5. Should be familiar with the latest developments related to machines.
6. Should have the ability to acquire knowledge of stepper motor.
7. Formulate and analyze the basic construction, working principle and characteristics of various electrical machines.
8. Must be able to evaluate the performance characteristics of motor drives for mechanical load requirements to design torque, speed and position controller in an energy efficient manner.
9. Should be able to describe the various electrical drives with basic structure, operation and characteristics.
10. Intern must be capable of analyzing the structure of electric drive systems and their role in various applications and requirements placed by mechanical systems on electric drives.
11. Intern should be able to illustrate the basic concepts of solid-state drives in controlling of DC motor and induction motors.
12. Must possess the ability to design and install electrical machines and drives in an industrial environment.
Electrical Machines Internship Test
Intern has to take Electrical Machines internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Electrical Machines topic.
1. The energy storing capacity of magnetic field is about ________ times greater than that of electric field.
Explanation: As the energy storage capacity of the magnetic field is higher, it is most commonly used as coupling medium in electro-mechanical energy conversion devices.
2. Which of the following are applications of singly excited magnetic systems?
(A) electromagnets, relays
(B) moving-iron instruments
(C) reluctance motors
(D) all of the mentioned
Explanation: All of the applications mentioned above needs singly excited magnetic systems.
3. All practical electromechanical energy conversion devices make use of the magnetic field rather than the electric field as the coupling medium. This is because ________
(A) electric field systems present insulation difficulties
(B) electric field systems have more dielectric loss than the magnetic loss, for the same power rating of the machine
(C) in electric field systems, for normal electric field strength, the stored energy density is high
(D) in magnetic field systems, for normal magnetic flux density, the stored energy density is high
Explanation: As the energy storing capacity of the magnetic field is higher, magnetic field as coupling medium is most common in electromechanical energy conversion devices.
4. The final forms of the expression for generated EMF and torque,for AC and DC machines differ, because ____________
(A) the fundamental principles underlying their operation are same
(B) the fundamental principles underlying their operation are different
(C) their construction details are same
(D) their construction details are different
Explanation: Though AC and DC machine have same operating fundamental principles, their construction details differ.
5. The basic torque and EMF expression of rotating electrical machines are ____________
(A) applicable to DC machines only
(B) applicable to AC machines only
(C) applicable to both AC and DC machines
(D) none of the mentioned
Explanation: Basic torque and EMF expressions are same for both AC and DC machines as the fundamental principles underlying the operation of AC and DC machines are same.
Practice the full set of Electrical Machines Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Electrical Machines Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Electrical Machines Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Electrical Machines Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Electrical Machines, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Electrical Machines subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Electrical Machines".
2. Electrical Machines articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Electrical Machines Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Electrical Machines Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Electrical Machines Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Electrical Machines" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Electrical Machines InternshipIf you are looking for "Electrical Machines" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Electrical Machines, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Electrical Machines InternshipWho can apply for Electrical Machines content writing internship?
Students who had studied Electrical Machines in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Electrical Machines.
What are the skill sets required for Electrical Machines internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Electrical Machines internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Electrical Machines Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Electrical Machines?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Electrical Machines?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Electrical Machines. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Electrical Machines internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Electrical Machines at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]